is it possible to make more paint fx's?

Author Topic: is it possible to make more paint fx's?  (Read 2253 times)

So like a mirror FX? Or just reflecting the sky.
That would be awesome, however I've heard mirroring is extremely processor hungry.
Actually that sounds like something that should of been added along with shaders, man imagine what reflective water bricks would look like.

did blockland ever have mirrors? I thought i heard someone say it used to a looooong time ago

did blockland ever have mirrors? I thought i heard someone say it used to a looooong time ago
Interior maps could handle them, but at the time only people with high end pc's could handle it and for everybody else it was a laggy mess.

Actually that sounds like something that should of been added along with shaders, man imagine what reflective water bricks would look like.
The environment water in general needs more options similar to it's Torque default/Blockland v20 counterpart, such as reflection texture, waves, and shore texture

But yeah, the reflection would just take a specific texture from the sky's directory

But what other kinds of Paint FX could be added?
I'd love to see an fx where the bricks bob slowly up and down with a height difference of 1 brick.
It would make anything floating in water like boats look fantastic.

But then we would need a second one bobbing the other direction.
Because if we were to make an entire harbor where every boat bobs the exact same way it wouldn't look right.
So if we could alternate them, it would be amazing.

Not if you use purer colors such as red, lime green, and royal blue.
It only looks good with white
And it still has no pure use

The only thing I have ever seen Rainbow properly used for is for TV's, to show that they're on.
And even that looks a bit funky.

i think the rainbow fx could look good....

in SPACE

He's probably talking about this effect

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:19:21 PM by Zeblote »

ive seen people use them on things like dance floors lol
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:00:46 PM by Lego lad »

ive seen people use them on things like dance floors lol
Hmm.
I prefer Glow being toggled on and off, but I guess that's more of a disco feel.

Hmm.
I prefer Glow being toggled on and off, but I guess that's more of a disco feel.
plus y'know glow would make it annoyingly complex

The environment water in general needs more options similar to it's Torque default/Blockland v20 counterpart, such as reflection texture, waves, and shore texture

But yeah, the reflection would just take a specific texture from the sky's directory

we need an event for this or something

we could make the golden brick with it as long as the sky was gold :(

This is the effect we need, MIRROR FX!

i'd be excited to see a mirror fx like this, honestly