Author Topic: Force an addon to execute on all gamemodes  (Read 543 times)

So I'm trying to set up a dedicated server script for someone, and I need an addon to execute when the server starts, regardless of the gamemode loaded.

I'm trying Greek2me's preload script with no success, and I'm assuming -mod is not a valid command line argument when starting the game

I don't want to overwrite config/{client,server}/prefs.cs, the addon list, or the music list files as those can be overwritten, and I'm not 100% sure doing
Code: [Select]
echo 'exec("Add-Ons/Support_RemoteScriptHandler/server.cs");' >> "$BL_DIR/config/server/musicList.cs"every server startup would be the best idea

I mean it might work, but I'd rather have something reliable in case that's overwritten.

Is that my best option?

Put the code in config/main.cs, it gets executed every server start and isn't overwritten by any of the default scripts.

Put the code in config/main.cs, it gets executed every server start and isn't overwritten by any of the default scripts.
that worked, thanks

But this is just exactly what Greek2Me's preloader does. The script is installed to config/main.cs and simply just loads every preload.cs in add-ons.

Please use my preloader script. It's designed to allow multiple mods to use the config/main.cs file without overwriting each other.

The server will need to be rebooted once (so the script can be installed to config/main.cs) before add-ons will be preloaded.