I can't log out of Windows 10 because my start menu wont open.

Author Topic: I can't log out of Windows 10 because my start menu wont open.  (Read 1444 times)

Ever since I switched I have had nothing but problems with it. It's crashed three times, freezes, simple things like searching for a program don't work half the time or loving freeze my computer... not to mention the start menu stuff.
i believe these are all problems that you alone have. i don't want to be that guy but all of the people i know who have windows 10 don't have any problem with it. in fact, my computer runs faster with it.
saying that windows 10 sucks because of the problems that only your computer has with it is kinda weird tbh. everyone has their own opinion, but just saying

also why would it risk loving up your computer if you switched back within the time limit? windows backs up all of your old files from windows 8/7/whatever you used before. as long as you switch back in time, you won't lose anything

do a hard restart

well tbh windows 10 wasn't performing reliably on my desktop, and it's been an absolute nightmare on my tablet (but i think my main issue with it was fixed with the recent update/service pack or whatever it was)

i've only had it running good on my laptop, and that's only after I disabled the windows update service which was constantly making my cpu run at 50% or higher

anyway OP, you don't have to worry about any of your files being lost or anything. If you didn't do anything weird during the win10 install, everything should already be backed up i think

but i don't think it lets you reinstall your old OS if you have had win10 installed longer than a month...

windows 10 is acting perfectly for me, only some slowdowns when searching but that's it
no idea why all you guys are havign so many problems, all I can suggest is updating all of your drivers

I'm going to be clear here and be the guy who points this out, people who are having issues are either doing the following :

Outdated Drivers (#1 Culprit of stuffty performance and buggy devices)
Outdated Programs (#1 Culprit of programs not responding or working properly)
stuffty Antivirus giving 99% disk usage (very common, ditch what you have and use just use bitdefender free, or full)
30 Items running at startup (Check task manager and go to the startup tab, probably a large amount of stuff running)
Virus,Malware,Spyware (Windows 10 is a pretty tough nut to crack, but if your stupid enough you can still get these)
DIY Registry tweaks (Yeah we all like to mod Windows a bit, but sometimes these can break and give you a bad time)
Uxstyle Theme Patch(It will break and it will cause you pain, best to un-patch before the upgrade)
Browser Extension thats a virus (These are starting to be common if you use a chromium based browser or a firefox based one)

You most likely have one of these but in the rare case you don't do the following as a last resort:

Get yourself a huge USB drive, save all your important stuff onto it, the do a clean install of windows 10 by using the Windows 10 media creation tool (Get it from the ISO page of Windows 10) make sure you choose to not keep anything.

Now if after you still deal with this stuff its either the thing you saved in the flashdrive is causing the issue or your better off waiting for Windows 10 to be compatible with watever the hell your using.

to those of you concerned about going back to 8.1, it will restore your computer basically to whatever state it was in when you updated to 10. I've gone back a total of 3 times on two computers it's been fine every time.