Poll

Would you be able to run Blockland if shaders forced minimum?

Yes
79 (87.8%)
No
11 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: How do we force darkness on people without shaders?  (Read 30322 times)

The shader "off" option needs to just be taken out
The great part about Blockland was that you didn't need a tank of some sorts to run it. A relatively bodgy computer could run it fine, which was the good part of it. While you don't need a high-end computer to run minimum, this is definitely a bad idea.

Actually no, it's around 3-5 years old I'm pretty sure.

Blockland's renderer isn't all that efficient, but a 3 year old gaming pc should run minimum great. Are you sure?

Do you want the game to look 10 years old? If you can't keep up with new tech, too bad. You can play v20.

This. People who want to live in the past should stay in the past with their dinosaur hardware while Blockland progresses.

The great part about Blockland was that you didn't need a tank of some sorts to run it. A relatively bodgy computer could run it fine, which was the good part of it. While you don't need a high-end computer to run minimum, this is definitely a bad idea.

doesn't exactly take a 'tank of some sorts' to run minimum lol

Yes it is.
No it isn't.
Yes it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-k5J4RxQdE

doesn't exactly take a 'tank of some sorts' to run minimum lol

While you don't need a high-end computer to run minimum, this is definitely a bad idea.

I ignored that part because you failed to explain why it was a bad idea. Because a small population of people refuse to spend more than $30 on a GPU? I don't understand why we need to cater to stuffty hardware just because we can, if it holds back the game in any way, no matter how small, there should be no hesitation in dropping the forget out of it

Blockland's renderer isn't all that efficient, but a 3 year old gaming pc should run minimum great. Are you sure?
I didn't say it WAS 3 years old I said around 3-5, and not all newly made computers have 16gb ram and 4Ghz
I ignored that part because you failed to explain why it was a bad idea. Because a small population of people refuse to spend more than $30 on a GPU? I don't understand why we need to cater to stuffty hardware just because we can, if it holds back the game in any way, no matter how small, there should be no hesitation in dropping the forget out of it
As I have done some shopping research, that is true, you can get a geforce 610 for around £40, but the thing is you keep bringing up  the gpu like lord tony kept bringing up about his windows xp pc that broke because of blockland, Blockland doesn't need to cater for people with low-end pc's, but they don't need to just throw them away, Honestly, my laptop with almost the same specs as my pc can run up to Medium shaders without lagging but I still find shaders not to be the most important thing to be in blockland.

No need to drop a certain population just because they don't have as good hardware. There are definitely ways around this problem, just not forcing shaders onto people and dropping them entirely.

I didn't say it WAS 3 years old I said around 3-5, and not all newly made computers have 16gb ram and 4Ghz

You definitely don't need 16gb of ram (blockland is 32 bit) and you don't need the best cpu either.

Ideally blockland would have scalable graphics and a server setting to enforce a minimum/specific quality. If you can't support that minimum, well, join another server.

You definitely don't need 16gb of ram (blockland is 32 bit) and you don't need the best cpu either.

Ideally blockland would have scalable graphics and a server setting to enforce a minimum/specific quality. If you can't support that minimum, well, join another server.
Again, I never said you NEED it I said not all modern computers have it, and I support the fact that you want something on your server, but if you had to have shaders on, at least let people spectate, but if not, don't be an absolute jerk about it.

No need to drop a certain population just because they don't have as good hardware.

There is definitely a need when they're inconveniencing people who actually give a forget about keeping their computer up to date with like, 2010+ standards lmfao. Who needs them? They obviously don't take the industry very seriously so we certainly shouldn't take them seriously.

There is definitely a need when they're inconveniencing people who actually give a forget about keeping their computer up to date with like, 2010+ standards lmfao. Who needs them? They obviously don't take the industry very seriously so we certainly shouldn't take them seriously.
If you want to play games you don't need a high-end pc, you might just want it for flash games or small games, also you're conflicting with Zeblote as 6 years ago was a long time ago, shut up with your "low-end pc people are ruining high-end pc gamers experiences!!!!" and actually think for a second.

I've seen low end computers able to run minimum.

The only computers that can run minimum are lower than low end computers.

I've seen low end computers able to run minimum.

The only computers that can run minimum are lower than low end computers.
Nope.