welcome to game theory: Am I the only one who hates this guy?

Poll

well?

kahnu stop stuffposting you loving ass
36 (50.7%)
yes
8 (11.3%)
no
8 (11.3%)
socil expermient
8 (11.3%)
welcome to game theory
11 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: welcome to game theory: Am I the only one who hates this guy?  (Read 1315 times)

Welcome to GAME THEORY
is the purple guy a black??/
FNAF is the boogi men XD

am i the only one who doesnt like him
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:03:20 AM by kahnu »

You could pick a dozen different ways to dislike Game Theory but making a bad thread was the one you had to choose? You even put it in the poll that you're stuffposting.

You could have just named this "Am I the only one who doesn't like Game Theory?" or something

And no, you're not the only one.

I for one welcome our stuffposting overlords

Quote from: poll
kahnu stop stuffposting you loving ass

I have no problem with it. It's just a youtube channel, If you don't like it don't watch it.

have stuffposts gone too far

Everything about this guy says "stuff eater".
Game theorist can go eat a whole richard.

I don't particularly prefer his videos but I at least give him some credit for putting lots of effort into research. At least the guy puts effort into his channel besides just screaming in a microphone reacting to stuffty horror games. His older videos are pretty entertaining in their own right. I guess you could say he adopted a more outward personality to suit his channel and appeal to a broader audience rather than be a strictly informational channel.

If you're like me and you prefer those strictly informational channels (mostly based around gaming and fiction, mind you), here is a list of channels I'm subscribed to:
Extra Credits
Ahoy
ClassicGameJunkie
Errant Signal
Nerdwriter
Every frame a painting

His "information" has become pure speculation between strings of convenient data. His first videos were fun, but he went way overboard with it.

And the way he says his outro.
Mmmm, so punchable.

His "information" has become pure speculation between strings of convenient data. His first videos were fun, but he went way overboard with it.

It seems to be a common theme of 'Flanderization' between youtubers to capitalize on their most memorable feature of personality quirk so much so that they effectively become parodies of themselves, or at least they distilled their internet persona down to their most iconic theme. I think with Game Theory, he ended up realizing that that style seemed to draw the most viewers, so therefore he should expand on that style.

Which is a shame, too, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of high-quality game theorizing on youtube.

It seems to be a common theme of 'Flanderization' between youtubers to capitalize on their most memorable feature of personality quirk so much so that they effectively become parodies of themselves, or at least they distilled their internet persona down to their most iconic theme. I think with Game Theory, he ended up realizing that that style seemed to draw the most viewers, so therefore he should expand on that style.

Which is a shame, too, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of high-quality game theorizing on youtube.
but that's just a theory
a game theory

Idk. Game theory should be done by people who played the game to complete the experience. I'll argue that having a YouTube personality do that for us takes thought away from the viewer.

I've had people reference him to support things they thought were fact.
Laughable.

And the way he says his outro.
Mmmm, so punchable.
Couldn't agree with this more. It makes me want to rip my testicles off with my bare hands whenever I see someone reference his outro, let alone hear him say it.

Matpat is a borderline meme spouter as well. His personality really pisses me off and his tendency to milk the FNAF fanbase for views.

I enjoy SOME of his content but i think the pleasant moments are outweighed by the bad.