Author Topic: New Duplicator 1.6.2 | Now on BL Glass  (Read 194135 times)

Version 1.0.4
- Feature: Command to show versions used by clients (/dup clients)
- Feature: Simplified RTB preferences

- Fixed: Bricks being de-highlighted right before being cut
- Fixed: OnBotSpawn event not called on duplicated bot spawns

Use the automatic updater if you can, otherwise download again from the first page.
If the updater does not show an update, run this command: Updater.checkForUpdates();

Version 1.0.4
- Feature: Command to show versions used by clients (/dup clients)
- Feature: Simplified RTB preferences

- Fixed: Bricks being de-highlighted right before being cut
- Fixed: OnBotSpawn event not called on duplicated bot spawns

Use the automatic updater if you can, otherwise download again from the first page.
If the updater does not show an update, run this command: Updater.checkForUpdates();

Are you planning to add dup save?

Are you planning to add dup save?

Maybe in the future. I don't want a complicated / useless system like old duplicators, though.

Main changes would be:
1) Saves are stored on the client. That way you can take your props with you to other freebuilding servers.
2) Gallery gui with all your saves. Nothing's more annoying than having to remember the names of things.
3) Preview images. Blockland has all the tools I need to create images like this for every prop you save.
4) Different file format. Smaller and stores all the extra information required for the new plant algorithm.

This would come after mirroring, so you'll have to keep old dup around for a while if you need saving.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:36:16 PM by Zeblote »

Maybe in the future. I don't want a complicated / useless system like old duplicators, though.

Main changes would be:
1) Saves are stored on the client. That way you can take your props with you to other freebuilding servers.
2) Gallery gui with all your saves. Nothing's more annoying than having to remember the names of things.
3) Preview images. Blockland has all the tools I need to create images like this for every prop you save.
4) Different file format. Smaller and stores all the extra information required for the new plant algorithm.

This would come after mirroring, so you'll have to keep old dup around for a while if you need saving.
You should also find a way to stop people from spamming your save list with duplications and replacing your duplication

You should also find a way to stop people from spamming your save list with duplications and replacing your duplication

I don't think you read what I said. Noone else has any access to your saves

I don't think you read what I said. Noone else has any access to your saves
Oh,nvm

Was thinking of a way to innovate on the mirror feature. Maybe when you mirror something and the script cannot determine which brick is needed where, the user could fill in the brick and thus define which brick is attributed to this particular brick. I don't think I'm explaining this correctly, but the general idea is that the duplicator learns from it's user over time

With this feature we could also 'teach' the duplicator which bricks are attributed to other bricks before mirroring bigger selections of bricks
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:43:40 AM by Rally »

aw I liked saving dupes to the server, but with the new system I understand if that will never be a thing

Will you add a function that lets you flip builds?

Thank you very much. Now, if only I could get all the noobz to understand it... I have a server where everything's on top of a certain set of bricks and I try to have people just duplicate them, but most can't quite figure it out on their own.

I basically have to guide every keypress they make.

Could you make it so when I first duplicate something, I do not have to press the enter button?

Also, this is hard for me to explain:

I select a 4x8F brick placed on a baseplate with a zonecube. the 4x8f has floating bricks on top of it
Can you make it so when I select the 4x8f and rotate it, it would rotate as a normal 4x8f brick, and not the whole cube rotation?

these might sound small stuff, but it slows me and is annoying

Could you make it so when I first duplicate something, I do not have to press the enter button?

Also, this is hard for me to explain:

I select a 4x8F brick placed on a baseplate with a zonecube. the 4x8f has floating bricks on top of it
Can you make it so when I select the 4x8f and rotate it, it would rotate as a normal 4x8f brick, and not the whole cube rotation?

these might sound small stuff, but it slows me and is annoying
the second one is done by pressing light after going into plant mode. it will change the point of reference fromt he cube to the brick you started duping from, if it was duped using stack mode.

the second one is done by pressing light after going into plant mode. it will change the point of reference fromt he cube to the brick you started duping from, if it was duped using stack mode.
oh thanks, what about the other one tho

oh thanks, what about the other one tho
given the way this is set up it can't really be done any other way
how else would the thing know that you're done selecting? sometimes people use stack selection, then switch to cube and fine tune it