Author Topic: New Duplicator 1.6.2 | Now on BL Glass  (Read 194273 times)

Re: New Duplicator 1.4.3 | Super-Cut?

my sincerest cookies to you
 :cookie: :cookie:

That is an extraordinarily fantastic loving idea. You should also consider doing the reverse function, as in filling up a set cube with the largest bricks possible
good god
spamming would be gone
i can make a build out of 1x1s and magically create something that doesn't suck

I didn't found anyone mention this, but I came to note that you're doing onRelay[direction] manually in classes/server/selection.cs:2358, but there was nothing that handles direction in event output parameters: setItemDirection, setEmitterDirection, spawnProjectile and my own fireRelayNum, to name a few. It shouldn't be that hard to add. In fact, in a short time I made my own version for fireRelayNum which should be quite easy to add for default add-ons at least and then each modder will do their own addition for their mods:
Code: [Select]
// Handle New Duplicator
function ND_Selection::plantBrick(%this, %i, %position, %angleID, %brickGroup, %client, %bl_id)
{
%brick = Parent::plantBrick(%this, %i, %position, %angleID, %brickGroup, %client, %bl_id);

// Handle error
if (%brick <= 0)
return %brick;

// Locate our event
for (%n = 0; %n < %brick.numEvents; %n++)
{
if (%brick.eventOutput[%n] !$= "fireRelayNum")
continue;

// Get direction and normalize it
%dir = %brick.eventOutputParameter[%n, 2] - 1;

if (%dir >= 0)
{
if (%dir >= 2)
{
if (%this.ghostMirrorX && %dir % 2 == 1 || %this.ghostMirrorY && %dir % 2 == 0)
%dir += 2;

%dir = (%dir + %angleID - 2) % 4 + 2;
}
else if (%this.ghostMirrorZ)
%dir = !%dir;

// Put direction back as it was
%brick.eventOutputParameter[%n, 2] = %dir + 1;
}
}

return %brick;
}

I also found out that if you've a named brick as target and if that brick is not in the duplication, it will still change direction. In some cases this is not a desired feature.

I like this new tool. Just came around recently to test it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 06:13:52 AM by mctwist »

and i thought something like supercut was practically impossible or nobody would be assed to make it

too bad the reverse is actually practically impossible due to too many possibilities. at least, for finding the absolute best combination

autofilling the dup cube space with the optimal bricks, however, may be a different, more possible feature which would still be gosh darned useful

and i thought something like supercut was practically impossible or nobody would be assed to make it

I haven't made anything yet. It's just a concept picture that i built manually :D

I haven't made anything yet. It's just a concept picture that i built manually :D
wheres the cookie monster

you

i thought you were better than this

i thought you were loving better than this

historically all the stuff you update with the topic is stuff you've already gotten working

i am disappointed zeblote
so mad
so disappointed

:panda:

I'm not Disappointed, I'm just mad. And disappointed.

you

i thought you were better than this

i thought you were loving better than this

historically all the stuff you update with the topic is stuff you've already gotten working

i am disappointed zeblote
so mad
so disappointed

:panda:

This one was made by manually building a flipped house and then cutting it:

Point of these is to see whether people are actually interested in the feature so I don't waste my time making something noone cares about.

yes of course we want it

supercut=rad
zeblote=rad
...zeblote=supercut by the thing that states of A=B and B=C then A=C?
me=confused
algebra=not applicable in all situations