Author Topic: (cheaply made) Randomizer DM  (Read 1038 times)

Recently I put together a "Randomizer DM" using an event randomizer and an edited addRandomItem event. I used an event randomizer to randomly "spawn" (teleport from spawn) players to different locations on a map while adding three random weapons to their inventory when they spawn. Thanks to Jervan, I was able to use an edited version of addRandomItem from Event_setRandom to make exceptions for what items are randomly added. (That way, the hammer/wrench/printer/wand/etc cannot be randomly added to a player's inventory.)

Right now there's ~100 different weapons/items on my server including only one weapon pack, Bushido's Quake-Type Weapons. It feels similar to Wrapperup's Randomizer DM (other than the map, of course) due to its assortment of weapons and items. For the most part I put this together since the only other "DMs" I usually play with friends involve some random minigame on a freebuild server. Despite how "cheaply" this was made, it is still pretty fun to play with a few others.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:15:15 PM by MikkelDude »

oh it's not actually online

well i cant exactly join something that isn't up to be joined

would join if it was online

oh it's not actually online

well i cant exactly join something that isn't up to be joined

o yeah I forgot to mention that, apparently I thought ninja-editing out the "Hosting" part of the thread title would make that clear

I can't really host a low-latency server right now on public campground wifi, but later tonight or tomorrow or on the weekends or sometime in the future (??) I will host this with better internet

online now, couldnt host during thanksgiving and idk why I would anyway

online now, couldnt host during thanksgiving and idk why I would anyway

http://blockland.us/detail.php?ip=70.178.227.65&port=28000&blid=142864

edit: offline
also, it's obvious that the map is extremely small for 8 players so if I ever want to host this publicly again I'll probably need a new map
thanks for joining anyway
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 07:11:19 PM by MikkelDude »