Author Topic: Weather  (Read 1638 times)

I just had a thought of having weather that affects you in blockland.  Such as rain and when you walked you would slide a little when you try to stop.  Or heat and you start to get slower or something.  Or having snow that you have to try to walk through.  These are just some ways it could effect you.  Fell free to suggest other ideas.

I like this idea. Except for the snow thing. If you want to make it so you mush through snow, then simply make some hard to move through water with a snow particle.

I like this idea. Except for the snow thing. If you want to make it so you mush through snow, then simply make some hard to move through water with a snow particle.

I just thought of things.  Those were just a list of ideas that were in my head at the time.  None have to be official.

i doubt that Blockland could support an actually good weather engine, but i thought that i would be cool to make the map produce effects on command, for example: /snow, /ran, /sun, /hail.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:17:34 PM by Radial543 »

I don't think it would either.  But I have no idea what is possible and what isn't.

You can easily make it snow rain or whatever using the environments add-on. So by adding admin only commands to that would trigger it... You would get your product. Though i don't know if it is possible to make admin only commands.

You can easily make it snow rain or whatever using the environments add-on. So by adding admin only commands to that would trigger it... You would get your product. Though i don't know if it is possible to make admin only commands.

Ya I know we could get it to rain and stuff but to actually effect you.

Yeah that part is very hard to change ingame because it would have to change the default player's settings. And I'm pretty sure those are in .dso files so basically... It's imposible to make it affect all the player types and minigames. Though you could make a minigame type to mirror every other one except with the slippery or hot settings added. This could be in two files 1 for each weather setting. I can do all of this for you except for the actual weather changing.

I can do all of this for you except for the actual weather changing.

Sounds good if you can.  I think it would be good for different challenges/ obsticale courses people make.

Sounds like it would be really nice to have.I mostly like the snow one :)

Wait a second. It'd be a hell of a lot easier just to have Snow player and rain player/ice player types.

You mean like this lol

nice bump for a useless comic