Have you updated to Windows 10?

Yes
50 (57.5%)
No (Post why below)
37 (42.5%)
Mac doesn't support Windows 10
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Author Topic: Window 10 is almost a year old.  (Read 5228 times)

I love it personally, once I did a full re-install instead of an upgrade (which is known to break things) it's working perfectly.

I love Windows 10. Having to deal with minescule """""issues""""" is part of upgrading to a new OS, it's going to happen regardless of what new OS you have. It's part of the process and the "fear" of upgrading to Windows 10 from 7 imo is irrational.

my audio drivers are really iffy and dont work half the time on my laptop with windows 10 but on my desktop it works fine

After creating the world's most malicious program called "Windows Updates", Microsoft went right ahead and created the most malicious OS up to date.

Doesn't help that they amplified Windows Updates in Windows 10 and created a built in torrent system for updates themselves. Wonder why you get random lag spikes in Windows 10 once in a while? Updates are installing at a staggering maximum (which Microsoft claims is nothing btw) of 400kb/s (?).

Drivers are also a problem. They are all Microsoft vendor drivers that get downloaded to your PC (forever) or are bundled with the OS (forever). Want to uninstall bad driver? Too bad for you. Reinstalled after restart. Want to delete driver after you uninstall it? Redownloaded as soon as you boot up with a very very small bandwidth speed of 400kb/s.

Want to install unsigned drivers? Nope, not unless you go through a convoluted method of booting into an environment that allows you to.

I dislike Microsoft's mentality for this OS because they really think that you don't own the OS, the OS owns you. I know this is the future but give me a loving break. When I want things to be automated I don't want them to tell me what to do. This version of Windows is a total disaster, and people feed into it because they have no choice as Microsoft loves to kick people off older versions frequently. What a way to go. Can't wait to see Windows 11 though, I heard they plan on making a drug that can be injected into your arms like heroine to get the latest Windows Updates hit.