Author Topic: Think there will be any new updates soon?  (Read 2237 times)

I brought this up because it is almost 2016 and we haven't seen updates in four years. You think next year v22?

Looking in the developments forums, there was an update this November. Or is that different

the last update was about a month ago

the last update was about a month ago
I think he meant as in things other than bug fixes.

i heard if you said badspot 3 times, badspot would come into the thread.
isn't that right, badspot?
but seriously, probably no. we are getting more users but we are also declining. vehicle physics will probably never be fixed unless it's playermade, and even then, i think that'd probably be it.

If your talking bug fixes then I wouldn't be surprised.
If you mean meaningful updates that could change game play then not for a while.

unless it's playermade, and even then, i think that'd probably be it.
Chrisbot6

I think he meant as in things other than bug fixes.
r1972
Multiple packets are now sent to ghosting clients on each network tick, reducing ghosting and file download times

r1958
Reduced ghost lookup table size by ~10%
Brick limit replaced by $pref::server::ghostlimit - this setting puts a hard limit on the number of ghosted objects in the game and reduces the size of the ghost lookup tables accordingly. 
$Pref::Server::BrickLimit checks replaced by getBrickLimit() - this function derives the brick limit based on the current ghost limit. 

r1956
ParticleData framesPerSec value is now synced to clients
Sky object network update size reduced significantly
Brick movement is now camera relative when in free cam mode
Delete buttons added to save/load bricks GUIs
Added ballRadius field to projectileData, used to prevent sports balls from sinking into ground
Client disconnect/CDROP echoes now show player name
Increased maximum ghost limit to 1M, what could go wrong
Increased datablock limit to 8k, that'll be fun to download
You can now set individual player speeds directly using the following functions: setMaxForwardSpeed, setMaxBackwardSpeed, setMaxSideSpeed, setMaxCrouchForwardSpeed, setMaxCrouchBackwardSpeed, setMaxCrouchSideSpeed

All of these were this year, and I snipped out any bugfixes. It still includes general 'behind the scenes' improvements, however, the updates aren't completely featureless. I personally think r1956 was a great update.
You also started this year so it's not like you've been around for 'those big updates' anyways.

No. This game isn't going to get any more meaningful and game-changing updates.

That's fine though, because it plays just fine as it is. BL has always depended on player made content.

changes that legitimately alter the game have always been rare

the events and shaders updates are the major "game-changing" retail updates because they changed the tools modders had to work with. blockland is, always has been, and always will be a game driven by the modders that generate content for it. badspot has never been the main content provider; he provides the platform for us to work from. the best thing he could ever do for the game is give modders more powerful tools, and blockland already has some of the best modding capabilities of any active game today.

Official updates would be nice, but they're most certainly not needed.
For the past few years the player-made things were a hellofalot better than default ones.
The only thing I could think of that could be helpful is adding things like Slayer and VCE into default Blockland, which a lot of people would enjoy.

the next blockland update will remove slate maps in favour for anti aliasing. all builds will now be in space

what about the fabled hat update

the next blockland update will remove slate maps in favour for anti aliasing. all builds will now be in space
That sounds great actually.