Author Topic: Why do grades matter/Education argument thread  (Read 8395 times)

Your losing 12 years of your life by going to high school
i actually plan on graduating high school in four years; it's ambitious, i know

You are educating them on how to work hard, be respectful, and how to defend themselves.
any good highschool in america will teach you all of these things except the last, hell a bad one would teach you the last one if you catch my drift lmao
if you need the last one still, take a self defense course, or do gun safety and handling training

You are educating them on how to work hard, be respectful, and how to defend themselves.
Things that not every child needs to spend an extra 2 years learning.

If you're one of the kids that does, sure, go to military school. Don't fool yourself into thinking that every other kid is also at your level.

work hard
That's school in general. The education system needs to develop a better reward/punishment scheme to make the lesson more clear, but otherwise that's one of the important things you learn early.

be respectful
Our college had a PA ("Program Achieve") class and PE classes that dedicated large chunks of time to respect. Even then, it should be common sense that's worked in by the parents who need to have an active role in a child's development.

how to defend themselves
Absolutely unnecessary in a modern, civilised society. There are plenty of extra-curricular activities (such as martial arts) that'll teach you this if you choose.

any good highschool in america will teach you all of these things except the last, hell a bad one would teach you the last one if you catch my drift lmao
if you need the last one still, take a self defense course, or do gun safety and handling training

There's no work involved in graduating high school. It's actually a challenge for a teacher to fail a kid nowadays no matter how stuff their marks are. And in my experience both the teachers and the students are rude in high school.

There's no work involved in graduating high school. It's actually a challenge for a teacher to fail a kid nowadays no matter how stuff their marks are. And in my experience both the teachers and the students are rude.
any good highschool in america
just because you went to a stuff highschool does not mean that everyone needs to go to a military school

And in my experience both the teachers and the students are rude in high school.
So what you're saying is that everyone should go to military school because they're mean to you? :(

just because you went to a stuff highschool does not mean that everyone needs to go to a military school

I've been to multiple high schools.

So what you're saying is that everyone should go to military school because they're mean to you? :(

No I'm talking in general.

There's no work involved in graduating high school. It's actually a challenge for a teacher to fail a kid nowadays no matter how stuff their marks are.
That's completely subjective, and without being a teacher yourself you have no way to make such a giant judgement call.

That's completely subjective, and without being a teacher yourself you have no way to make such a giant judgement call.

A teacher told me this.

A teacher told me this.
one teacher from an apparently stuffty school

Highschool teaches the first two. Any course outside could teach the third. It doesn't take two years to learn all 3.
GG putting words in my mouth and being a condescending forgettard at the same time
Stop sperging out over someone not agreeing with you. Calm the hell down lol

There's no work involved in graduating high school. It's actually a challenge for a teacher to fail a kid nowadays no matter how stuff their marks are. And in my experience both the teachers and the students are rude in high school.
Must've been a really stuffty school. :)

Lmao

A teacher told me this.
See, there's this thing teachers do, where they relate to the kids better so the kid will try harder in their class.
maybe a teacher was just bitching, or a stuffty teacher lol

A teacher told me this.
You ever consider that it has less to do with the system and more to do with the specific case? Maybe the school is trying to look good by passing more students so they'll get more people to send their children to said school and therefore pay their fees.

one teacher from an apparently stuffty school

It is considered one of the best schools in my city.

See, there's this thing teachers do, where they relate to the kids better so the kid will try harder in their class.
maybe a teacher was just bitching, or a stuffty teacher lol

It was in a global issues class. He was talking about how when the conservatives were in my province they had standardized testing but when the NDP got in they removed it.

You ever consider that it has less to do with the system and more to do with the specific case? Maybe the school is trying to look good by passing more students so they'll get more people to send their children to said school and therefore pay their fees.

He was talking about the entire province.