Author Topic: Why do grades matter/Education argument thread  (Read 9351 times)

You can also be a walmart store manager and make about 300,000+ a year. You don't even need a degree.
The hired/applied ratio for those jobs is probably far less than the acceptance rate to many Ivy League schools.

I'll still hold by my philosophy that it's way easier to get a 4.0 and go to a good school than to open the same kinds of doors without it.

If everyone gets bad grades everyone will be qualified for the same jobs and if everyone is qualified for the same job the vacancies will quickly diminish

Yeah that'd be a great way to saturate the labour force with mindless drones

What are you allergic to hard work?

I much prefer the easy kind that pays more

The hired/applied ratio for those jobs is probably far less than the acceptance rate to many Ivy League schools.

I'll still hold by my philosophy that it's way easier to get a 4.0 and go to a good school than to open the same kinds of doors without it.

Store managers can be replaced very easily.

I much prefer the easy kind that pays more

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
You say that like it's fleeting, it's not lol

I'm allergic to people with boners for the military.

I can't see a single positive to military-style education over normal University/College education. Not a damn one.

I'm allergic to people with boners for the military.

I can't see a single positive to military-style education over normal University/College education. Not a damn one.

It builds character.

It builds character.

Really? So University/College doesn't? And what the forget does "character" even mean to you? How is "character" a desirable work force trait? How will it get you necessary contacts and skills for work advancement?

apparently over here where i live, good grades = you're gonna get money from the govt. when you get your diploma or whatever from high school
which in turn will help you for college
which in turn
lodsemone
from good jobs
idk, i was told that from a person i trust

Whereas university doesn't?

I didn't say that you ONLY have to go to Military school. You can go to university afterwards. Also there are certain people who take courses in university that will never help them get a job and will do nothing but piss away their parents money. At least Military School will beat some sense into them.