Author Topic: Working Defibrillator  (Read 4831 times)

Or we could do something like this:
Call Allies for Revival

When this is activated we can just play a sound, we can use rtb prefs to either use a 3d sound, server wide messege or a team messege or both.

Heres a preview VVVV

the idea is that the message is literally telling the player to say, in chat, that they need revival

the idea is that the message is literally telling the player to say, in chat, that they need revival
oh i must have mis read. But that doesnt disregard my idea, what i suggested could work out well, audio cues make things play out dynamically and its immersive. It also doesnt require the player to type.

a literal corpse on the ground crying out for medical assistance is not exactly immersive

beyond that, chat is already 'out of character' and beyond that blockland doesnt typically have an 'in' character in the first place. players already know how to use chat and (hopefully) know how to communicate with other people well enough that they can get across the fact that they have been shot and need rescue. cropping out extraneous commands and sounds helps keep the game streamlined and straightforward and moreover there is nothing dynamic about a single soundbyte, it'll just get grating

especially if by default even if the player does not actually want to be resuscitated and just whenever they get shot to death, which means medics will hear HELP IVE DIED and then turn around and the corpse is forgetin gone cause he respawned already

which means medics will hear HELP IVE DIED and then turn around and the corpse is forgetin gone cause he respawned already
I loled.

Anyways i see your point. moving on.

Starting to work on it.

Should you also be able to kill living people with it?
Should it disappear from your inventory after first successful use?
Should you be able to charge it and then let it go whenever(like the spear), or just charge it and it fires right away?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:59:53 AM by jes00 »

yes
no
no, it should always fire when it's done charging

the ideal would be that technically the defibrilator is an instant kill if used as a melee weapon but its REALLY hard to do that cause the charge takes forever

Should it disappear from your inventory after first successful use?
I think there should be a preference for this.

I think there should be a preference for this.

this is probably for the best yes

just make it so that the defibrilator changes the death system so that if a player dies, their body does not actually respawn until they actively click to respawn. while their body is lying on the ground if someone uses the defibrilator close enough to them they come back to life on the spot where their body died with no consequence at full health (the idea being that if an area was dangerous to kill the player in the first place, if you revive them with less then full health they'll just get shot on the spot again)

in slayer, if you die on your last life, your corpse will stick around till the minigame restarts but you can still spectate n stuff outside of that

in order to actually 'use' the defibrilator you have to click and hold the button for a couple seconds to build a charge. if you're near any corpses when you release the charge, they get revived. the idea behind the charge mechanic is that a defibrilating player becomes a target, but not a totally helpless one; he can still dodge fire, and has to hold out long enough to get his friend off the ground without returning fire or else he'll loose his progress
good idea but imo you should be revived with low health as if you were hurt you could easily kill yourself and get your friend to revive you which ruins the point of medpacks and healing items

the idea is that medkits and health items keep you upright for longer so your medics dont have to go through the entire song and dance (potentially under fire!) of picking you up off the ground, which is way more of a risk then you just manuevering yourself behind a wall and healing yourself real quick

I think I'll just require SMM Bodies. It makes things a lot easier.

nooOOOOOOO

dont forgetin force players to have physics based deaths you're going to make faster deathmatches completely unplayable

people will die in doorways and sit there until someone forgetin revives them because they can just wait infinitely and ruin everything

nooOOOOOOO

dont forgetin force players to have physics based deaths you're going to make faster deathmatches completely unplayable

people will die in doorways and sit there until someone forgetin revives them because they can just wait infinitely and ruin everything
But bodies with have to have collision either way?

have you not noticed that default corpses do not have collision with other players

just make it so that the defib works on any corpses that are close enough to the user as opposed to the user actually having to look at them