Poll

Rate what you think it is

Author Topic: Crappy Terrain [Possible page-stretch]  (Read 1877 times)

So i'm making a map which I will use for a server that should be coming up relatively soon.

I finished the main terrain, but I did it a little differently than usual.

I'm pretty sure this has been done before, but I haven't seen it.

I was wondering what you guys would think of, since it's you who are going to be killing a giant Brit on it.

Means a lot for my ego if you guys reply

Here are the pictures...

The beach will die I will see to it myself...

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:02:07 PM by snk13 »

I was wondering what you guys would think of, since it's you who are going to be killing a giant Brit on it.
we're going to kill a giant british person?

that said, the terrain is very unique and ~stylized~
not bad

it doesnt feel good but thats my opinion
it looks like pure lines, because they literally are, and they seem hard to climb up
Id rather make the normal ramped modter, cubescape or whatever that is easier to climb and brickcount saver

also I noticed there actually is the normal ramped modter, but since it is so different, it does not fit and looks bad. So Id suggest to change it to one style and not merge 2, because they could look horrible or weird together

I was thinking this style is better for distant terrain, but not the terrain you play with.

the issue is the lack of use of corner ramp adapters

its fine to have a number of ramps staggered next to each other, but for that to be the only way ramps are blended, well, it starts to get awkward/hard to move on fast.

the issue is the lack of use of corner ramp adapters

its fine to have a number of ramps staggered next to each other, but for that to be the only way ramps are blended, well, it starts to get awkward/hard to move on fast.

The goal was not to use any corner ramps as I don't fancy them, and I find the look of the ramps the way they are to have a different look than most, I didn't make this with mobility in mind, just for looks.

The poor excuse for a beach was due to me just thinking of something else while building it, random results when this happens

I'll probably just fix this up and call it good.

How do you think this type of terrain would look like in the distance, like a background?

the color usage could be a lot better. it has the same colors as alien guts

please fix the ambiguous title

How do you think this type of terrain would look like in the distance, like a background?
yep it would be fine.