1 (1%)
oprah
2 (1.9%)
microsoft edge
4 (3.8%)
other (post)
4 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Author Topic: what browser do you use?  (Read 2248 times)

i used firefox up until it stopped responding; i use chrome now

I have been debating with myself for a while now whether I should uninstall Chrome and get Opera because Chrome chews up SO MUCH MEMORY

Since IE is obsolete now thanks to Microsoft Edge I now use edge, in case you didn't know IE got its stuffty rep sometime between IE7-9 and then 10 fixed its bullstuff but the damage was done and because of no protection against stuffty toolbars, people would blame their slow speed on IE itself where IE10 was actually pretty fast, but because of the damage done to the brand it got poor support from websites and only succeeded in Enterprise and big companies for some odd reason.

Also Internet Explorer is NOT Microsoft Edge, Edge is built from the ground up using the new Modern App platform and I'm looking forward to its Extension Support in 2016(Yeah yeah late to the party again at least its getting extensions)

My backup browser is Waterfox (Firefox branch designed for 64bit systems) but I have since dumped it for
Liri Browser, a new Browser built off of Chromium that isn't a Memory hog, or bloated and is cross-platform.

from google chrome on windows 7

This is because they don't have any fonts installed that support those characters.

Edge needs some work here and there, then it'll be at Mozilla/Chrome level.

Haven't tried Edge on PC, but its app on Xbox One (which I am using now) is crap.
It's mostly the same as the IE app, but it glitches out when going back a page (have to back out like 2-3 times per page, as it usually just reloads the current page), and it can't automatically capitalise words at the bedginning of a sentence.

It also refuses to display big (file size) images. IE used to load them but had a tedndency to crash.
And it won't load a direct link to an image, which IE didn't do either.