Poll

Include back exploits that don't are not fixed?

Yes
2 (66.7%)
No
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Blockland Bugs and Exploits Megathread  (Read 3238 times)

bug: setting the daycycle in a gamemode's gamemode.txt does not work and always sets it to 300 (5 minutes)

It's not a bad idea at all because it means Badspot will be compelled to fix them and revoke the keys of users who are exploiting.
No, it means he has to stop everything else he's working on and push out an emergency update. Which can be difficult to do without also pushing out an update for any in progress stuff.
If you just PM him when you find something massively broken, he can fix it on his own time, which is absolutely fine if no one else knows about it.

You know I don't think the guy is talking about major bugs like eval injection vulnerabilities and hacking the amazon purchase page, I think he's talking about tiny stuff like corner jumping and not being able to see water through windows.

Here's an idea: if you're so concerned about OP listing major exploits, don't post major exploits in the thread.

Here's an idea: if you're so concerned about OP listing major exploits, don't post major exploits in the thread.
Well then some new handicap comes in and says a major bug like the-

Theres easily exploitable holes in blockland. You cant fix it.

I gotta say, this thread is totally pointless if all you're going to include is stuff like patched eval exploits in addons. If you wanna make it useful, include stuff like corner jumping, super jumping, brick clipping, walking through walls, etc. and some video guides/examples of them.

well it is called the BUGS and exploits megathread

It's not a bad idea at all because it means Badspot will be compelled to fix them and revoke the keys of users who are exploiting.

I gotta say, this thread is totally pointless if all you're going to include is stuff like patched eval exploits in addons. If you wanna make it useful, include stuff like corner jumping, super jumping, brick clipping, walking through walls, etc. and some video guides/examples of them.
I did before but other fourm users told me to remove that.

I did before but other fourm users told me to remove that.
well tell em' to screw off. we've had dozens of topics on them with absolutely no ill effect :/

well tell em' to screw off. we've had dozens of topics on them with absolutely no ill effect :/
Uh, yes we have? Remember when we found the eval bug in Support_AdminEvents.cs? Abuse of that went rampant the moment it was discovered because it was posted on the forums.

Uh, yes we have? Remember when we found the eval bug in Support_AdminEvents.cs? Abuse of that went rampant the moment it was discovered because it was posted on the forums.
This is the exact opposite of what I was talking about. I was asking him to include this kind of stuff:
corner jumping, super jumping, brick clipping, walking through walls, etc. and some video guides/examples of them.

I definitely was NOT telling him to include stuff like that, which would definitely be destructive.

what is "pure virtual call"? i only read the OP, can you link it to a post or something that explains them?
sorry for me being lazy

what is "pure virtual call"? i only read the OP, can you link it to a post or something that explains them?
sorry for me being lazy
longer version: R6025 pure virtual function call runtime error

info: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=288692.msg8725417#msg8725417

there used to be an exploit where the command /activateStuff would allow you to activate 31 times per second because it had no capping
discovered by both me and MARBLE MAN, not many people knew of it however

I wrote a script that put a cap on it and notified badspot who fixed it in the next patch,
but during that time there were a few click blocks that got maxed out damn fast