Author Topic: Pictionary [v1.0.3-6] [new colorset!]  (Read 15388 times)

in relation to greek's comment about not needing to use eval to create music datablocks:

it's not even a malicious method of using eval, only the host can mess that up, if it's even possible. i don't know of another working way.

if you're going to say just to use the default blockland musicList.cs, i figured this would be easier to keep organized so that you're not potentially having to go and look through 200 loops if you have that many

just place files in the folder, done

double post, v1.0.1-1:
- Fixed prefs not saving upon a server shutting down
- Moved the music blacklist to a pref, $Pref::Pictionary::MusicBlacklist
- Removed custom MinigameSO::messageAll function
- Tip list can now be custom, use config/server/Pictionary/tips.txt
- Command added to refresh the word list, SA only: /refreshWordList
- Command added to refresh the tip list, SA only: /refreshTipList

This was fun, but I haven't seen anyone host it! Hopefully someone does soon. I'd like to play again :D

This was fun, but I haven't seen anyone host it! Hopefully someone does soon. I'd like to play again :D
I will, once I figure out how to work it in dedicated

i hosted it yesterday, no one joined

Thanks for making this public! It's a large contribution to the community, in my opinion.

i didn't understand what you meant lol
i did add a minimum of 3 likes to save tho, even though the saver's off by default now

For example /lockaxis X.  
As you can see it would restrict your brush to the limits of the blue line, which is the height of your radius.
And below that, is the crooked 'straight lines' people often draw under the pressure of the time limit.

You should make the afk system better. Sometimes you're considered afk while drawing and sometimes like, one second after you're picked as the drawer.

are spaces allowed in the wordlist for things like, uh, "North America" or something like that
also, is it possible to have more than one alternate word for something, because the current wordlist only has a few entries with one alternate word

You should make the afk system better. Sometimes you're considered afk while drawing and sometimes like, one second after you're picked as the drawer.
this is a pref, just extend the time.

are spaces allowed in the wordlist for things like, uh, "North America" or something like that
yes. use tabs for alternate responses.
also, is it possible to have more than one alternate word for something, because the current wordlist only has a few entries with one alternate word
yes. again, tabs.

The database in this release version only has 20 words, can you include the 507 words or so that were in the version you hosted?

The database in this release version only has 20 words, can you include the 507 words or so that were in the version you hosted?
since i'm no longer hosting

in relation to greek's comment about not needing to use eval to create music datablocks:
[imfg]http://i.imgur.com/cjlUYyD.png[/img]

[imfg]http://i.imgur.com/KRFfpW2.png[/img]

[imfg]http://i.imgur.com/lQEePJH.png[/img]
it's not even a malicious method of using eval, only the host can mess that up, if it's even possible. i don't know of another working way.

if you're going to say just to use the default blockland musicList.cs, i figured this would be easier to keep organized so that you're not potentially having to go and look through 200 loops if you have that many

just place files in the folder, done

You can't name them there. When creating the datablock, give it a temporary name, like myDatablock. Then call myDatablock.setName("realNameGoes" @ %here);

You can't name them there. When creating the datablock, give it a temporary name, like myDatablock. Then call myDatablock.setName("realNameGoes" @ %here);
i tried that, note the 3rd screenshot

i tried that, note the 3rd screenshot
I had this eval issue, try to remove all the tabs inside the eval and remove any lines