Car engine wont start after accident

Author Topic: Car engine wont start after accident  (Read 2885 times)

literally the same thing happened to me but I wasn't in an accident.

if it makes exactly one click, doesn't turn over, keeps making one click when you turn the key, and the battery isn't dead.  it's your starter.  for a car as common as yours they cost ~$100USD.  I would put money you forgeted the starter solenoid and that's the only thing preventing the car from running.  front core supports in cars today are far too strong to allow the motor to be forgeted at anything under highway speeds.  Have the starter tested and go from there.  could be a cheap repair to get the car running.
this %100

I think you probably broke it when you got into the car accident it appears.

if it makes exactly one click, doesn't turn over, keeps making one click when you turn the key, and the battery isn't dead.  it's your starter.  for a car as common as yours they cost ~$100USD.  I would put money you forgeted the starter solenoid and that's the only thing preventing the car from running.  front core supports in cars today are far too strong to allow the motor to be forgeted at anything under highway speeds.  Have the starter tested and go from there.  could be a cheap repair to get the car running.
Thanks! I will firstpush the vehicle forward with my brother to see if the engine starts. If it does it could be the starter indeed. There is a green model of this car on the scrapyard here two streets away, first I need to get the material I need from the green Excel and let it paint by a company in blue metallic color.

It could just be a loose connection somewhere too if the solenoid in the starter is activating (the clicking noise).

You don't fix a totaled car, nor do you buy salvaged cars.

You don't fix a totaled car, nor do you buy salvaged cars.
his car isnt totaled...?

can you take video of trying to start it? and record the damage with the hood up (if it can open)

try tapping the starter solenoid and the starter itself with a hammer (lightly) if you think it's the starter
battery might be damaged from the wreck or you've got somethin shorting out

and did you cut the engine off after the wreck or did it cut off by itself?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:49:04 PM by Isjix »

The starter is definitely the first thing he should check.

I would check if the gas cutoff switch(inertia switch) was tripped as its a safety feature in some cars 2000 and later.

This was my theory but I felt like I don't know enough about cars to make that call. Glad someone else said it.

his car isnt totaled...?
last Friday the car was declared "total loss", the price of repairing the bumper and all damaged material came up around €2000,- ($2.198,00 USD), that's €947 ($1.040,75 USD) higher then the car's price today.

you don't have to go through all that trouble. just try tapping the starter and starter solenoid lightly with a hammer. starter shaft probably got dislodged in the wreck. if you can, have someone turn the key to start while you tap it and that'll help it break loose
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:54:43 PM by Isjix »

that just means the insurance company won't cover the repairs because it'll cost more than the car's worth
which means op going to have to shell out of his own pocket.
I feel for ya' op i put like 4 grand into a 2 grand car lol

that just means the insurance company won't cover the repairs because it'll cost more than the car's worth
which means op going to have to shell out of his own pocket.
I feel for ya' op i put like 4 grand into a 2 grand car lol
Yeah he can do that but it will just be salvaged, its a waste of money.
total loss = totaled.
Even if a car just needed new a new interior it can be totaled.

Yeah he can do that but it will just be salvaged, its a waste of money.
total loss = totaled.
Even if a car just needed new a new interior it can be totaled.
Not really. It's only the damage on the outside. Parts like that can be get from another Excel from the car graveyard.

Problem has been solved! It was indeed the car battery. We started the vehicle with battery wires connected with my fathers car. The first five times, the car didn't start, after trying the car needed five seconds to start.