Author Topic: How to heat? Heat as in hot, not the other heat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  (Read 1420 times)

Because you people fail to comprehend english even as native speakers, I am redoing OP.

I am HOT and need a way to COOL down. My AC was borked this morning so I am boiling myself. Need advice.

No tanktops, no cold showers.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 12:57:45 PM by Pastrey Crust »

Wear 100+ shirts at the same time

I would melt even with an AC.

If you have any tauntauns lying around, you can kill one of them and follow Han Solo's video instructions here in order to keep warm.

Erm, how did you guys manage to read the OP backwards? It's hot and I need to cool. Not the other way around.

If you have any tauntauns lying around, you can kill one of them and follow Han Solo's video instructions here in order to keep warm.
No lightsaber yo. The council took it away from me when I became a gray jedi.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:13:18 AM by Pastrey Crust »

steal one

build your own

use a vibroblade if you have to

I heard that going outside is a good way to cool down

Also drink water or something cold

Coming from a hotter climate, 42C is particularly at the point when it starts to get too hot for me. General ways to avoid getting too hot is to wear loose, light-colored clothing, drink plenty of fluids. It may not seem likely but drinking hot liquids such as coffee or tea is good way to help get rid of body heat.

Erm, how did you guys manage to read the OP backwards? It's hot and I need to cool. Not the other way around.
Wear negative amounts of clothing

Walk around naked while having 50 + fans blowing on you

Coming from a hotter climate, 42C is particularly at the point when it starts to get too hot for me. General ways to avoid getting too hot is to wear loose, light-colored clothing, drink plenty of fluids. It may not seem likely but drinking hot liquids such as coffee or tea is good way to help get rid of body heat.
Finally, a viable comment.

I've been drinking liters of water per day. How do hot drinks help you lower your body temp? I always assumed it was crazy asian tradition.

How do hot drinks help you lower your body temp? I always assumed it was crazy asian tradition.

Drinking hot beverages causes an extreme increase in perspiration, expelling body temperature quickly through unclothed skin.

Alcohol also helps cool you off by lowering your core temperature and allowing body heat to escape through exposed skin. It's not a viable solution considering it's alcohol.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:14:25 AM by IkeTheGeneric »

Makes sense, grey jedi are so a long long time ago.