Author Topic: Defibrillator [V1.2.0]  (Read 10263 times)

It can either be used as a weapon(deals 150 damage), or it can be used to revive dead players.
You have to actually HOLD DOWN the mouse for it to fire. I don't know why, but most people don't get this.
This mod also makes dead bodies stick around until the player either respawns or leaves.

Thanks to Kobewarrior for the models and icon.
Thanks to Ctrooper for the sounds.

Download On Blockland Glass
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:12:38 AM by jes00 »

Holy molly it's out! Can't wait to try it!

EDIT: I found a bug when players immediately respawn after death, the message with the defibrillator will show up and not go away.

EDIT 2: Okay, with Server_PhysicsDeath and Script_SMMBodies both enabled, falling damage with this mod on crashes Blockland.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 12:31:10 AM by Spartan224 »

i talked to kobe personally he said he was going to make a charging animation he's just not home atm to do it though

nevermind
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:06:59 PM by Trogtor »

Oh nice
What determines how long someone's dead before you can't use it? Like when their body disappears or is it until they spawn again and/or does the body stay for longer

What would happen if this was a minigame with 1 life?

doesn't work on my lan server for some reason.
didnt realise you had to hold it down after the beeps for it to work lol

it also makes every weapon that i hold after holding the defib go into the position where your arm is holding it down rather than infront of you.

and yes this is happens if you try to kill someone with it, it will just respawn them back and the text will be on the screen until they die.
EDIT: I found a bug when players immediately respawn after death, the message with the defibrillator will show up and not go away.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:05:23 PM by EcstaticEggplant »

you never actually rigged it up so $Defibrillator::ChargeTime would work

Do you need the SMM corpse mod? If not, how's the reviving work?
Does this update slayer lives?

I'm very interested in adding this to my slopes CTF.

Will fix bugs tomorrow.

Do you need the SMM corpse mod?
No. With this mod, bodies only disappear when you respawn or leave the server/minigame. But because the bodies can't be detected with a regular raycast, I had to make a small radius search where the projectile hits.
Does this update slayer lives?
I'm not sure because I don't know how Slayer handles lives. I'll look into it.

Released version 1.1.0.

Code: (Changelog 1.1.0) [Select]
* Bug fixes
* $Defibrillator::ChargeTime actually does stuff now.
* Made charging time longer.

EDIT 2: Okay, with Server_PhysicsDeath and Script_SMMBodies both enabled, falling damage with this mod on crashes Blockland.
You can't enable three conflicting mods and expect everything to work. I might make it compatible with them in the future, but Server_PhysicsDeath and Script_SMMBodies certainly aren't compatible with each other.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:30:02 AM by jes00 »

The only reason why I used both because SMM bodies didn't work with bots. But I'll remove SMM anyway.

Please fix it so bots can't stay forever dead (These aren't bot holes)

Released version 1.2.0.

Code: (Changelog 1.2.0) [Select]
* Fixed AI Player bodies not disappearing(this didn't affect bot holes).
* Center print message now displays properly in all situations.