Author Topic: Star Wars Episode 7 Reactions (WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS)  (Read 13222 times)

So is Rey Luke's daughter or what?
Someone tried to convince me that she's Han and Leia's daughter but they don't even talk about her at all once they see eachother again after years.
We don't know. They somewhat hint its lukes daughter. However I read a theory saying how it possibly could be Leia's daughter.

I had the same idea, except the daughter being Luke's, where he saves Rey from Kylos slaughter of luke's academy , escapes and he took her to Jakku, wiped her mind, told the old dude in the begining to watch over her, gave him the map to him, etc..

this movie was not as good as the classics, it was ok
there are a lot of reasons why i say this but here are just a few:
1. They killed Han - this is a flaw because i girl cannot replace han, i don't care what you say, its not the same
2.  there aren't as many unique characters as the classics - i say this because in the classics, there was a girl, the Jedi, Han, Chewy,  R2, and c3p0, in this movie, there's the girl and chewy (possible luke)
3.  there were wayyyyyyy too many fillers - there were pauses where there shouldn't have been, there were just a lot of added stuff
4. how the crap does Rey know how to use the force without training, its like she automatically knows everything

Possible theories:
1. Rey is Lukes daughter - i say this because the orange thing said to her "if you go back, you wont find what you are looking for" when she clearly knows of the rebellion and leia
2.  FIN is mace windews grandson or relative - i say this because it is the only implementation of an African american in the originals, and FIN knew how to fight pretty well using a lightsaber; also if you remember when Mace almost killed the emperor with lightning, he basically injured the emperor, and in episode 7, the storm trooper hits Ben but doesn't kill him.

i'd argue there are many unique characters in this one. finn, poe dameron, rey skywalker, maz kanata, bb8, not to mention kylo ren and the many memorable aliens

Here's the deal:

If you enjoyed Episode 7, fine. It was a decently crafted adventure film.

But it wasn't a decently crafted Star Wars film.

The biggest reason I disliked Episode 7: there was no tension. The characters were too easily powerful. Rey learning how to use the force just by touching a saber? Being able to lift a light saber from the snow when it took Luke two movies just to be able to do that? Finn deciding to become a good guy and subsequently succeeding in everything he does?

And the plot being so damned predictable helped erase any possible tension I had going. And while Han's death scene was the best part of the film, I could still see it coming a mile away because it was his turn as the mentor character to die while the heroes looked on at him just like Obiwan died in Episode 4 with Luke.

There were no stakes that haven't already been established, and personally it just really takes me out of a movie when I can tell exactly what's going to happen point for point. If this hadn't been a star wars movie already we would have all accused it of plagiarism. But for some reason when it copies itself, it's totally passable?

I look forward to the new stuff they can do in Episode 8. I was really disappointed with Episode 7.

"succeeding in everything he does?"
Does getting slashed though the back with a light saber count as succeeding?

He held his own against Kylo well before that moment, and even then he didn't get cut in half he just got slashed.

Darth Maul got cut in half by a padawan, and he'd had even more dark side training than Kylo.

But Finn has plot armor, so he can get away with nothing but a big scar on his back.

and a hole in his shoulder

also f everyone who says the crossguard is pointless it helped ben solo woop finns ass

hi i thought the movie was loving awesome and i have literally 0 issues

I desire more badass baton wielding storm troopers

I really enjoyed it, as it made me feel like a giddy child watching star wars for the first time.

But what got me was how it kept on pampering the original trilogy like "wowee remember how good these are? lets do it again!"

I think it was great. I think that hans death was a necessary death, as there isnt much more plot you could squeeze out of him as a character and just plain age. Also, contrary to popular belief, I think it was ok for rey to know how to use the force, as by lore, the force doesnt just stand there. It knows. The only thing I would really disagree with is the fact that Fin is living after being completely slashed in the back. his spine should be non existent after that. 9/10

I think it was great. I think that hans death was a necessary death, as there isnt much more plot you could squeeze out of him as a character and just plain age. Also, contrary to popular belief, I think it was ok for rey to know how to use the force, as by lore, the force doesnt just stand there. It knows. The only thing I would really disagree with is the fact that Fin is living after being completely slashed in the back. his spine should be non existent after that. 9/10
from just this film its neither confirmed nor denied whether Finn lives or dies

I really liked it, probably gonna end up seeing it a couple more times

from just this film its neither confirmed nor denied whether Finn lives or dies
at the very end before rey leaves you hear a doctor say, "we have a heartbeat"

at the very end before rey leaves you hear a doctor say, "we have a heartbeat"
plenty people have heartbeats before they DIE  :cookieMonster: