Build To Survive Gamemode

Author Topic: Build To Survive Gamemode  (Read 19239 times)

reminds me of roblox
mostly this game
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:00:41 PM by Sp0nge80b »

Finally!

It's released! :-D

This is great!  Thankyou for the release!

Thank you for releasing this, Chris! Since I played this during the initial release, I've often thought about adding a legitimate map to the game (or a map changing script with several maps). I may just do that if I can assemble a team of builders.

Do any other folks also agree that this would be a lot more fun to play with an actual map?

Thank you for releasing this, Chris! Since I played this during the initial release, I've often thought about adding a legitimate map to the game (or a map changing script with several maps). I may just do that if I can assemble a team of builders.

Do any other folks also agree that this would be a lot more fun to play with an actual map?
Actually, the gamemode started as a map-based gamemode. I took the super creeper map cycler and added the disaster system on top.
It only later became a building based thing. I'm sure you'll be able to do something with maps when I get around to releasing the standalone script (sorry about the wait, by the way)

Version of the starter disasters pack with the "Move!" disaster commented out in the server.cs:
http://justfilehosting.space/download.php?f=zmsun

Here's the code of the "Move!" disaster script if anyone wants to fix it:
Code: [Select]
function moveDisasterS() {
$Disasters::CurrentDisasterLoop = schedule(200, 0, moveDisaster);
}

function moveDisaster() {
%clientCount = ClientGroup.getCount();
    if(%clientCount > 0) {
        %client = ClientGroup.getObject(getRandom(0, %clientCount-1));

%player = %client.player;

if(isObject(%player)) {
// vehicle support
%vehicle = %player.getobjectmount();

if(isObject(%vehicle))
%moving = vectorLen(setWord(%player.getVelocity(), 2, 0)) > 0.1;
else
%moving = vectorLen(setWord(%vehicle.getVelocity(), 2, 0)) > 0.1;

if(!%moving) {
%player.kill();

//%obj = new Projectile()
//{
//   dataBlock = CannonBallProjectile;
//   initialPosition = %player.getHackPosition();
//   
//   client = %player.client;
//};

//MissionCleanup.add(%obj);

//%obj.setScale("1 1 1"); // for now
//%obj.explode();
}
}
}

$Disasters::CurrentDisasterLoop = schedule(50, 0, moveDisaster);
}

registerDisaster("Move", 10, "moveDisasterS");

Did you separate the survival gui from the gamemode?

I only want the disaster commands for my own stuff outside of this gamemode.

It would be really fantastic if this was released on its own.

There's not going to be a standalone version because of this mod's reliance on the gamemode system. Almost everything done here requires the $DefaultMiniGame and there's simply too much that would need to be rewritten.

I always put on default minigame.

I'll probably separate it myself then.

I wanted to combine the disasters with my salvage gamemode.  I don't think it's possible unless I can separate the add on.

I'm trying to make some kind of post apocalyptic game using salvage and I randomly want to throw in stuff like acid rain or whatever
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:11:02 AM by Lord Tony® »

I wanted to combine the disasters with my salvage gamemode.  I don't think it's possible unless I can separate the add on.

I'm trying to make some kind of post apocalyptic game using salvage and I randomly want to throw in stuff like acid rain or whatever
If it's another GameMode_ I'd offer to do that for you but I'm sort of busy with exams and such right now.

Should be pretty easy, though.

salvage is not technically a gamemode file. It uses a v9 version of what that use to be considered as a "gamemode"

I don't want the timed stuff if I'm doing it separate.

I wanted something like Sim City where I could just pick a disaster and it will play the disaster for a couple of seconds. I just wanted to roleplay with it.