Author Topic: If you could make a videogame without limits what would it be v365  (Read 4136 times)

a chef by john favreau game
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:52:51 PM by GoldenLego »

I found myself on the OP's map I think. Hi mom.

A game where its space and has a infinite and randomly map and you have to create your planet, and own life forms.

remastered toontown (models, gui etc) with some new features

good ol' bump because these ideas are interesting to read

Garry's Mod-like Sandbox game, entirely open-world throughout the Earth, with workshop-allowed content.

Other features:
- Free DLC with various cities around the world and their buildings, with all furniture and accessories inside the building
- Local & online multiplayer support -- private and public servers
- Customizable avatars with various styles (human/realistic style, anime style, comic/cel-shading style)
- Entirely functioning dev programs to make maps, weapons, tools, props, gamemodes, etc.
- Hidden R18 love mod that requires 7 proxies to access

I feel like this would be kinda cool if someone actually made this.

merp game where you can make fully custom units

I once thought of a game where you could draw your units and buildings, and some smart AI would know what you were trying to draw; the catch being that more complicated drawings were more powerful and you would have to draw every unit (no copy/pasting).

ah yeah that idea

i mean most people would just draw a scribble and say "no no this is like. the scrin swarm from cnc3, remember that? it's like that but better." and win the war really fast

blockland that has terrain like lego worlds
your wish has been granted, courtesy of GSF ghost

Zooming out forever. A good version of Spore realized as the true ultimate simulation game.

It starts with blackness. You move your cursor around and that one movement defines some kind of fundamental forces. With those you might get particles which you can knock together to get energy or something, and from that you might get to connect particles together, and with those you can create models of atoms, and those start bonding to create molecules, and those start forming matter, and if gravity exists then that matter will form into clumps and you might have elements that can form atmospheres and etc

But that's just if you created a universe with atoms and molecules and gravity and all that. You could get universes with physical laws that have nothing to do with ours. You could have a universe made out of energy, or a universe where particles just fly around in parallel lines. Universes built on just a few numbers.

a game that's completely blank where you have to mod in everything because that's fun
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:12:10 AM by Squideey »

I would love to make a Blockland style game where you can edit basically anything, even the brick tool and change how many bricks can be planted, change the model etc.

You could edit things so much that all add-ons from brick packs to weapons would be just models, textures, or sounds you download to use with presets.

Basically a game engine. Probably would be buggy as hell.

A realistic military action game that requires sneaking or else you're screwed.

A realistic life simulation

And finally, probably some platformer.

Another one:
Your standard simple arena fps game but with a twist: there are literally hundreds or thousands of different weapons in the game that do many different things, and the weapon spawners on the maps would just randomize the weapon every time it respawns. This would make getting to know the weapons much more difficult, but I think it could be some silly fun. And if you happen to manage to do this, you could memorize the look of each weapon to correspond to what each does because each variant will look much different from each other.

And because I'm bored here's some examples:
A homing rocket launcher that is however weak
A shotgun that you can charge to fire more pellets but at a higher spread
A powerful but slow rocket launcher that you can accidentally hit yourself with if you walk forward while firing it
A railgun that teleports you to the player you killed whether you want to or not
A ballistic rocket launcher that bounces 5 times before exploding
A railgun that fires in the opposite direction too, with the back shot instagibbing
A rocket launcher that fires upward, like Danger Wrap from Mega Man
A rocket launcher that fires invisible rockets, but has a bright glow on walls
A burst firing ice launcher that slows people down a bit
Many things from TF2
Many things from Mega Man
Many things from already existing weapons from blockland