Blockland Forums > General Discussion

Best moments of Blockland

<< < (2/3) > >>

Maveric:
Yea, I don't care how strange the plane looked, but I did change it a bit now. I bought my laptop last week, and was able to host a LAN server with my brothers. We tested out all kinds of stuff it was ridiculous, we even got three vans stuck together in midair with complicated ramps and timing, and a bit of Editor didn't hurt either. I'm going to put all of my SBL stuff on this, host another server, and we'll use the "gunship", but because of Milkshape's bounding box system, we won't be able to kill eack other...but that's why I made the van like it is, where the people can be killed.

I remember the days of Vanilla, with all the spammers and hammer-crazy noobs. Some people and I once made a bar, then we deleted all the bricks and whatnot, and we laughed at the people who cried for a hammer. We also didn't care how blocky a building was, because bricks were limited.

Then came BLM. It brought the buggy mod to everyone, along with deathmatch. But it also brought GameBeavers weapons and a small war between Blockland having LEGO weapons and real-life ones. Eventually BLM faded away when a very good mod came out. That happened to be TBM.

TBM was a good mod that had loads of building options, the first helicopter, and what I think was the first bot system. The TBM Tycoons, as I'll refer to them, were actually pretty nice guys at first, until they realized that their mod was dominant. That was when they gripped the dark side and put "exploits" in their mod along with corrupt power options. That's when Badspot took action and I deleted TBM.

From the ashes of TBM, and I use that figuratively, came RTB, which tried to do what TBM originally planned: make Blockland or the builders. They accomplished that well. Many new bricks and colors, and even a *limited* buildable car allowed seemingly endless building options. The money system was put in as well, so you could make people work for bricks, weapons, and hammers (which I priced at $1000 to keep my vrothers from destroying everything). This seemed to be the mod we'd been waiting for. Well, we'll have to see, as it is still young, and many "minor mods" are rising up as well, such as SWM and SBL. I don't know what happened to Plo Koon, or Vertical Horizon, but they seemed to have moved on...

Anyways, that's my history of Blockland, and the good times I've had playing this awesome game. I can't wait til' retail!

Terminal58:
Well my favorite lego moment was with on BLM 1.5 and I built the biggest castle ever and it became eventually bigger the the whole bedroom so we deleted the bedroom. It was my favorite lego moment ever when I could walk around in a real scaled castle.

-Xiath-:
Mine would have to be the second server I went into. It was still vanilla and the only mod I had for it was the color one. I went into this sever and we just made this HUGE spawn prison/castle. We would just keep adding on to making tunnels into the lake and over the mountains. It was also when I saw my first chain break and half of the castle was destroyed by a single brick. Ahh good times.

Oh and I remember that maze TMC it was fairly simple if you had a brain, the only difficult part was everyone else blasting your brains out with the shotgun as you manuvered through it.

Mixmasta:
That must be when I made the EuArmy clan. We had 33 members when we had the most. That was fun :) Then we made a clanhouse and had weapons in it.

DARK:
My best would be when I was in a server(with BLM 1.1) as another nick.
We all helped in making this city on the lake(in Green Hills) and it was just amaizing what 8 people could make with BLM 1.1 in 4 hours.:P
It was fun anyway.
I'd say the golden days were when I came in to BLM 1.4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version