Poll

asdasdasd

Author Topic: Community-Designed Pokemon-Style RPG  (Read 422 times)

I'm thinking of revitalizing my VCE-based RPGs with a pokemon-like RPG.  Further, I've decided to use the forum polling system to build the map up.  I've begun with a terrain image ripped from a Kerbal Space Program online map thing that I painted over to form elemental regions, as can be seen below.

This map will be updated so you can see what it looks like.

So, go ahead and vote now on the starting town!

It can be assumed that the white squares represent the location and size of the towns.  The votes will be tallied every day and the map updated as soon as possible.

While the map is being developed, I'll be working on the RPG and battle systems.  I'm planning on using the lock camera mod to maintain that pokemon-like angle (a future vote can change this).  Also, I'm thinking (not entirely because it would be a lot of work) of making playertypes for each "pokemon" so it isn't a chat-based, purely mathematical game.  I will reconsider once if the process of making them isn't too time-consuming.  Using these playertypes, I should be able to create an interesting battle system where the trainers take control of the pokemon (using the remote control mod) and they can fight.

Also, should this be an extension of pokemon, in blockland form, or just come up with something new to call it?

Design Progress:

First Town:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:53:18 PM by Gen. Hothauser »

3 because it's a nice beachy area with a lagoon and it's near a lake

plus it's in the center of everything

I voted 1 but 3 would be better now that I look at this again