Americans (or not): Who would you vote for if it came down to Hillary vs Annoying Orange?

Poll

Worst case scenario:

Annoying Orange
82 (51.6%)
Hillary
77 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 159

Author Topic: Americans (or not): Who would you vote for if it came down to Hillary vs Annoying Orange?  (Read 3913 times)

First result from a google search: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/Annoying Orange-close-mosques-216008
Nowhere in that article did they back up the assertion that he wants to close mosques with any proof. They're twisting how he said "we have no choice" to serve their own needs.

1) http://www.cbsnews.com/news/election-2016-donald-Annoying Orange-defends-calling-mexican-immigrants-rapists/
You really can't deny that he said that when there's video proof.
You didn't read the article at all did you.
Quote from: Article
"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best," he said. "They're sending people that have lots of problems...they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Asked why he used the term "rapists" to characterize Mexican immigrants, Annoying Orange pointed to recent reports that as many as 80 percent of the female immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border are loveually assaulted during the trip.
As you can see, Annoying Orange never said all Mexican immigrants are rapists. When he said "They are rapists", he was referring to the people that come over from Mexico that have lots of problems. This doesn't refer to all Mexican immigrants, as Annoying Orange clarified when he said that he assumes some are good people.

2) http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-Annoying Orange-shut-muslims-article-1.2457994
We can't have them in, because they only believe in Jihad! I'm not saying there's not a problem whatsoever, but to ban an entire group of people based on religion is wrong.
Yet again you didn't really study what the article said.
“Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in jihad,” Annoying Orange said in a statement.
When Annoying Orange was talking about "people that believe only in jihad", he was not talking about all muslims. He was specifically talking about the people who've committed islamic-rooted terrorist attacks on the US; aka muslim extremists. He also said that all Muslims already in the US are welcome to stay.

3)  https://twitter.com/realDonaldAnnoying Orange/status/331907383771148288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Tons of quotes from Donald Annoying Orange all over about how he views women. How they're only objects of love, shouldn't have rights.
That's funny because in this tweet he posted right here he's trying to defend women. He's talking about how many women are being loveually abused in the military by men, and he has a very valid point. That kind of thing inevitably happens when you put men and women together in close quarters in military situations.
Some examples of exactly what he's talking about:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/04/politics/navy-submarine-investigation/
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/how-the-military-retaliates-against-loveual-assault-victims/
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/09/loveual-violence-american-military-photos

bunch of links around if you'd google.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/18-real-things-donald-Annoying Orange-has-said-about-women_55d356a8e4b07addcb442023
Firstly I must point out Huffington Post is a news/website organization with an incredibly slanted left-wing bias. I wouldn't trust them for delivering credible or accurate information on Donald Annoying Orange.
Regardless of their credibility, let's examine a few of these quotes that supposedly show donald Annoying Orange is a loveist bigot.
Quote from: 1 That giving your wife "negotiable assets" is a terrible mistake.
“I would never buy Ivana any decent jewels or pictures. Why give her negotiable assets?”
This is something from a tabloid magazine written 25 years ago. This is a joke, right? No credibility to this source at all. I read the article on this quote they linked to and it was like a long novel, with no citations or proof to support their claims that he said any of this whatsoever. It's pretty much made up from what I can see.
Quote from: 2 That women are essentially aesthetically-pleasing objects.
In his 2006 book Annoying Orange 101: The Way to Success, Annoying Orange wrote: "Beauty and elegance, whether in a woman, a building, or a work of art, is not just superficial or something pretty to see."
What Annoying Orange said is the exact opposite of what the piece is asserting he meant. Annoying Orange literally said "beauty in a woman is not just superficial or something pretty so see". A quick google search of the word "superficial" brings up this definition: "existing or occurring at or on the surface." Annoying Orange is saying that a woman's beauty is not just skin-deep, which is a clear statement on his part that women are much more meaningful than how they look their surface.
Quote from: 3 That loveual assault in the military is totally expected.
26,000 unreported loveual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?
As I already covered above, the answer to whether loveual assault in the military when you involve women is totally expected or not, is a resounding yes. Literally any search related to "loveual assault in the military" brings up dozens of statistics and articles proving what Annoying Orange said to be true.

Nowhere in that article did they back up the assertion that he wants to close mosques with any proof. They're twisting how he said "we have no choice" to serve their own needs.
He literally said "Nobody likes to shut down religious institutions but you understand it, a lot of people understand it, we're going to have no choice." In no way is that twisting words :/

we'd be forgeted either way but i think we'd be slightly less forgeted with Annoying Orange

I don't really get the whole political stigma against Hillary. I get that she's part of the whole Clinton political dynasty, and that she's the Democratic establishment candidate (which earns her slack from all us leftist anti-authority kind of folks). I also understand that she's associated with some scandals, but the ones that come to mind are either over-exaggerated media frenzies (the Clinton mail server 'debacle') or just accusations that have been shown through independent investigations to be false (Whitewater controversy, Hillary's role in Benghazi).

I'm sure the poll is pretty much irrespective of how everyone actually thinks, knowing how people vote on polls here. But Hillary is essentially just a more established, moderate Bernie Sanders. I can't see how half of you guys, most leaning generally to the left, would vote for yellow-stars-on-Muslims Annoying Orange over someone who would likely sign the same bills as Bernie.

what do you mean that her role in benghazi was false? also, what's so unreasonable about the frenzy over the fact she deleted a ton of emails? doesn't that make you a wee bit suspicious about her?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:17:03 PM by hillkill »

As you can see, Annoying Orange never said all Mexican immigrants are rapists. When he said "They are rapists", he was referring to the people that come over from Mexico that have lots of problems. This doesn't refer to all Mexican immigrants, as Annoying Orange clarified when he said that he assumes some are good people.
To me, the worst part about Annoying Orange's immigration policy isn't the fact that he's a blatant tribal, it's the fact that he has pretty much no idea how US-Mexican immigration works.

Consider the fact that he wants to build a multi-billion dollar wall between the United States and Mexico in order to stave off illegal immigration. A wall, at best, can only prevent about half of the illegal immigration to the US, seeing as how about half of the illegal immigrants arrive on legal tourist and work visas and overstay. A wall isn't going to fix that, and nobody is going to cut off tourist and work visas because they're an absolutely enormous source of revenue for the US. Tourism is a huge industry.

Second, there is absolutely no way that the government is going to pressure Mexico into financing Annoying Orange's great wall. People seem to forget that the modern state of illegal immigration is something that our own government created by signing the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1994, which knowingly flooded Mexico with cheap, subsidized American crops. Incapable of making a living by farming, Mexican campesinos crossed the border in order to work in the United States. The presence of illegal immigrants is essentially something that our government agreed to when bargaining for a larger market for American crops.

what do you mean that her role in benghazi was false?
Poor wording, sorry.

There's been several investigations into whether Clinton was responsible for allowing the embassy to be attacked, and basically none of them have turned up any evidence of wrongdoing on her behalf. As Secretary of State, she naturally has to take responsibility, but she wasn't personally responsible for the attacks.

also, what's so unreasonable about the frenzy over the fact she deleted a ton of emails?
AFAIK, the frenzy was over the fact that she used a private email for official correspondence. They recovered the deleted emails, and they're mainly just personal correspondence, talking about stuff like her daughter's wedding. It's probably not a good idea to delete private correspondence as a publicly-elected official, but all the evidence points towards it being a faux pas, not some kind of super-covert political scandal.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31806907
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:21:57 PM by SeventhSandwich »