Author Topic: Rock the Vote System? Map cycle and vote  (Read 1141 times)

Yes

I'm not sure if it exists or not, but I plan on creating a custom game-mode in which I would want the map to cycle after X minutes
and for people to be able to do a command, say /rtv, to vote to change the server. If enough people, say 75% of server players, type /rtv, then
a numbered list of map choices would appear in chat. In this case, we'll use some example map names

12 person server
9 people type /rtv

Everyone sees the following message:
To vote, type /mapvote "number"
1: Bob's Build
2: ExampleMap
3: BikiniBottom

5 people type /mapvote 1
2 people type /mapvote 2
3 people type /mapvote 3
2 people type nothing at all

Build switches to Bob's Build

OR

X minutes passes

Everyone sees the following message:
To vote, type /mapvote "number"
1: Bob's Build
2: ExampleMap
3: BikiniBottom

5 people type /mapvote 1
2 people type /mapvote 2
3 people type /mapvote 3
2 people type nothing at all

Build switches to Bob's Build

Could someone make this or link me to something similar that exists? Thanks for all the help!

Someone already made this exact thing, but it's private for their randomizer server. I doubt they'd release it.

Someone already made this exact thing, but it's private for their randomizer server. I doubt they'd release it.

Actually, it's a shame. So many gamemodes need this and everyone always starts over making the same thing from scratch because noone dares to release anything.

Yes

Actually, it's a shame. So many gamemodes need this and everyone always starts over making the same thing from scratch because noone dares to release anything.
Agreed.