Author Topic: Boomerang rebrand into “global all-animation, youth-targeted network." (old)  (Read 687 times)

This is extremely old news, I am very aware of this. I searched and apparently nobody had posted about this before or at least I couldn't find any posts.

Channel Boomerang, run by Cartoon Network, broadcasted many classic Hanna-Barbera cartoons as well as older cartoon network shows like Teen Titans. They also had eye-catching bumpers in-between cartoons and commercials. However, early 2015 they made a transition to turn it into a “global all-animation, youth-targeted network.” Now it is basically Cartoon Network with maybe just one old cartoon and stupid stuffty basic bumpers. They completely trashed their classic motto, "Boomerang: It's all coming back to you."

This stuff was my childhood man. I would go to my grandmother's house and get noodles, sit down on the floor, and watch this stuff for hours until I was able to go play with friends. The shorts and bumpers they used to show were the most nostalgic thing about the channel. Now I can't act like an 8 year old anymore. forget. I'm just now finding out about this.

/discuss

thats handicapped
boomerang used to be the stuff but it's met the same fate as nicktoons network

I used to watch Boomerang a lot. Also I have to ask, but you'd eat noodles on the floor??

I used to watch Boomerang a lot. Also I have to ask, but you'd eat noodles on the floor??
there is a table kinda low to the ground where i'd rest the bowl. i would still be sitting on the floor.

aw i used to love boomerang

at least adultswim nabbed samurai jack
even though they're just cartoon network's older half

dump em onto the carpet and snort em up

misread as "Boomerangdog globally targets all youth"

Cartoon Network lost its charm after the classics (Courage, Samurai Jack like Clownfish said, Ed Edd & Eddy just to name a few), sure there have been a couple good shows (Steven Universe and almost all of Adventure Time IMO), and the change Boomerang is making to lose most of the good stuff kinda bums me out.

We're not even going to bring up the "live action" phase CN went through.