How good is this laptop's specs for gaming?

Author Topic: How good is this laptop's specs for gaming?  (Read 501 times)

For christmas my parents bought me a Toshiba Satellite S55-A And it's a pretty good laptop, but I'm not sure how well it would be able to handle games and such of today, could someone please reassure me?

-Toshiba Satellite S55-A-
 Intel I7-4700MQ 2.40GHz
 NVIDIA GeForce GT740m
 12.0 GB RAM
 64-Bit Windows 8.1
 1TB HDD

Thanks in advance c:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 04:41:21 PM by Insert Name Here »

everythings great except from the graphics
and that's pretty much the most important thing for gaming

Okay I see, what type of performance would I be dealing with when using this graphics card?

I got an Alienware 14 laptop (I know there will be someone who decides to stuff on the brand, just keep in mind Ive had this laptop for 2 years now and its still in pristine condition) with that exact processor, and similar GPU

It runs pretty damn well, atleast for me with specs similar to the laptop youre describing

Id say, take that laptop option  and make a comparison between similar laptops and see which one suits you between performance and budget
Good luck!

740m is decent for gaming, and graphics being important is a personal opinion, some like me prefer medium graphics and a stable 60 fps.

Alright thank you all for your feedback! Also to clarify, I already own this laptop, I'm posing using it right now. I'm asking this since steam is broke and I cannot download any games, and I'm unfamiliar with how good this computer could handle games. Thank you guys

740m is decent for gaming, and graphics being important is a personal opinion, some like me prefer medium graphics and a stable 60 fps.
i think he means the graphics card is the most important thing for gaming

i think he means the graphics card is the most important thing for gaming
Well even if he means that, he's still kind of wrong there too since dual core cpus bottleneck gpus as well.

It's all important.
OP it's not bad. You'll probably be able to play most games on medium.

I think that's really good. Anything that isn't Intel (beside Skylark) is pretty ok for gaming.

Alright cool! I'll be locking now, thank you all for your feedback c: