Author Topic: Fictional Pennsylvanian County Build (progress halted, save stuck on gdrive >:C)  (Read 1027 times)

Saturday, just after Christmas, me and a group of friends, Matador, Chewy, Mr. Unicode, Jean Kischtein, connorrocks, and (Iirc) Silleb, started working on a design for a large scale City RP map. Our plan was to have various small towns and villages spread out around the map, a suburban area, then in the center of the suburbs a large city. We planned out rivers, highways, roads, tracks, and were going to plan water pumps and sub stations. But, after a while of frustration, we gave up our project. Then the next day, I start up a server not really knowing what I'm doing, and decide to make a new model for the map. I spent around an hour making this and the main roadmap.

Last image taken is a picture of the people lingering around while i do this

One stud, = One x64 Modter cube.

I know, it sounds pretty big, its actually a 64x4 perimeter. But, that doesn't matter to me. My plan involves long hours a day creating each section of the map. So far I have the bottom right corner in progress.
I plan on making this a year long project, maybe just months, but a long project.

Things to do:

Complete Terrain - Literally 0.8% Done
Create Main Roads and Bridges
Make Several Shopping Centers and Strip Malls
Work On a Couple State Police Stations
Start Designing / Building the Smaller Road Systems
Design / Build the Suburbs
Design / Build the Default City Buildings and Local PDs/Fire stations.

I'm also working on various Pump stations, water towers, and Sub Stations. All accessible, though small so reduce lag. (Not all civilian houses and office towers will be accessible, only smaller builds and commercial storefronts.) I'll have pictures up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:04:21 AM by Ducky duck »

What is the brick count you are aiming for, for each town/village/city?

Just this town is at 270k bricks: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=286941.0
But, I wouldn't mind taking one of the towns.

what the stuff is that arrow in the top left of the screenshots

What is the brick count you are aiming for, for each town/village/city?

Just this town is at 270k bricks: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=286941.0
But, I wouldn't mind taking one of the towns.

Not too high each, probably close to <=80k, but I'm trying to keep some space empty for Matador, Unicode, etc to build their own houses so that could effect it.

what are those green patches on the map? swamps?

Kind of, its areas that are below sea level. So in a way, yes. I plan on building a few water pumps near it.