Author Topic: Development Tools - 1.3.0  (Read 6864 times)

Development Tools
Client_DevTools

I got tired of having to re-type the same discoverFile and exec commands each time I was doing work on Glass, so I made a little console mod. You can now resize the console by pulling on a resize tab, and also re-load and re-execute common files.

Nothing too fancy, but I figured someone else might find this useful. The file list is persistent, so it loads the same each time you start Blockland. If I think of any other little tweaks, I'll release them later.

Downloads

Change-Log

1.2 -> 1.3.0
  • The console can no longer be extended past the size of the screen, nor below 100 pixels
  • Almost everything calls ConsoleEntry.makeFirstResponder now, so the text box will always be in focus
  • Double clicking fixed, now opens Copy to Clipboard prompt

1.0 -> 1.2
  • Files that have been changed more recently than they've been executed turn red
  • The entire file system is now re-discovered as opposed to only the file being executed

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:18:45 PM by Scout31 »

oh hey this is convenient

maybe add a button or something for setModPaths(getModPaths()); ?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:35:43 PM by Electrk. »

When executing, it automatically does a discoverFile(%file);, which has the same effect except it's local to the file only. Would it be better to just rediscover the entire file system? That's what I normally do when developing, but I didn't know if that was bad practice or not.

This will be useful, thanks for posting it.

Updated to 1.2

• Files that have been changed more recently than they've been executed turn red
  • The entire file system is now re-discovered as opposed to only the file being executed

i wanted something like this for this while, thanks

The script loader doesn't fit on an 800x600 resolution

Also, if you double click the resize icon, but hold down the mouse button on the second click as if you're trying to resize the window, you won't be able to grab the icon, but you can fix it by closing and re-opening the console

one annoying thing is how the console input text doesn't become active so you have to click it every time you open the console to type

Updated to 1.3.0

• The console can no longer be extended past the size of the screen, nor below 100 pixels
  • Almost everything calls ConsoleEntry.makeFirstResponder now, so the text box will always be in focus
  • Double clicking fixed, now opens Copy to Clipboard prompt

This is so helpful for sighting in weapons thank you.

If you can, you should make a button that eval's getClipboard() and also checks for syntax errors before it does it(if you eval getClipboard() and it has a syntax error, you crash).

(if you eval getClipboard() and it has a syntax error, you crash).

it's never done this for me

if you eval getClipboard() and it has a syntax error, you crash

no, you just had eval(getClipboard()); in your clipboard when you did it

no, you just had eval(getClipboard()); in your clipboard when you did it
Started Blockland.
Copied "function error() {" to my clipboard.
Put in eval(getClipboard());
Crashed.