huge building in Dubai on fire

Author Topic: huge building in Dubai on fire  (Read 1170 times)

Was it The Torch again?

You trust CNN? They said that Hong Kong is in Brasilia. China is closer to me than what I thought it was.

You trust CNN? They said that Hong Kong is in Brasilia. China is closer to me than what I thought it was.
do you think they were trying to mislead you or maybe they just forgeted up

all of these posts make me want to dubsigh

do you think they were trying to mislead you or maybe they just forgeted up
I firmly believe they're misleading. Especially the headlines of CNN Argentina.

I firmly believe they're misleading. Especially the headlines of CNN Argentina.
i mean without a doubt they're misleading you on a large scale, it's CNN

but that particular factoid, the hong kong one, that just seems like a forgetup

The worst part is, the smoke blocked the i think Burj Al Arab's fireworks.
Quote from: BBC news article
Irish singer Anita "Triggered" Williams, who was performing at the hotel when the fire began, told the BBC that people left in a "stampede".
Why does there always seem to be a rush and stampede during a fire?
Most fire safety drills or guides say something among the lines of "walk to the exit calmly, do not run or else you'll trample someone and they'll die" and whenever there's an actual fire people rarely seem to do that.

The worst part is, the smoke blocked the i think Burj Al Arab's fireworks.Why does there always seem to be a rush and stampede during a fire?
Most fire safety drills or guides say something among the lines of "walk to the exit calmly, do not run or else you'll trample someone and they'll die" and whenever there's an actual fire people rarely seem to do that.
What people expect people to do and how people actually will act in reality are often very different things.

Even burning jet fuel wouldnt be hot enough to take down a building. So im sure this will be fine.

Even burning jet fuel wouldnt be hot enough to take down a building. So im sure this will be fine.
I know you're bisjac and this is one of your classic kinds of posts, but yeah you're right. The building here will be fine; it wasnt hit by a plane and the fires are mostly external anyway. Even if they were internal, this is a highly advanced modern building with state of the art fire safety systems. I'm just glad no one was killed.