It is so cold outside my car door is frozen open.

Author Topic: It is so cold outside my car door is frozen open.  (Read 1562 times)

Yes, open.  OPEN.  My car's driver-side window is frozen shut, and in an attempt to thaw it out I somehow ended up freezing the latch over.  Now the window still won't open and the door won't close.  And now I am stuck at home without delicious breakfast.

Share similar stories of winter-related heartbreak.  Or breakfast-related heartbreak.  Or both.

I had to use a hair dryer to melt the water in the water buckets during july this year. It was -3C.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:59:45 AM by Pastrey Crust »

what you need is a flamethrower

Try moving the door until you manage to close it maybe?

last winter i bought a brand new set of $400/piece wheel and tires.  the day i put them on it was snowing like a forgeter and right after i got the new wheels on i slid into a curb and scratched the forget out of the left two wheels.

it's still like that to this day :')

Make a campfire and sing the campfire song

Meanwhile in the southern states

Make a campfire and sing the campfire song
the c-a-m-p-f-i-r-e-s-o-n-g song

arizona
enough said

"It is so hot outside my car door is welded shut."

Try moving the door until you manage to close it maybe?
I suggest wiggling the door handle too, it should break the latch free

I suggest wiggling the door handle too, it should break the latch free

mmmm i wouldn't risk that tbh. i recall my mother doing something similar with her car door and the latch became "unhooked" so we had to pop off the door panel and hook it back up. whoop that's another story for another day lol

I would suggest getting a space heater or something that generates some kind of heat outside and having it placed near the latch
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 10:20:09 AM by Frequency »

grab LARGE BOWL of hot water
dump on car :)

grab LARGE BOWL of hot water
dump on car :)

hey now here's an idea