Poll

What part of the RPG sounds most interesting?

Quidditch matches
5 (27.8%)
Quests/puzzles
4 (22.2%)
House competition/classes
3 (16.7%)
Spells/messing around
2 (11.1%)
Boss fights/dungeons
4 (22.2%)
Avoiding teachers/prefects
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Hogwarts RPG  (Read 3623 times)

For weather I'd recommend making different daycycles with the same timescales and then creating precipitation / explosions as needed. As long as the day length doesn't change, the file used for the cycle can be changed without affecting the time of day, so you can get cool dark gloomy days and nice summer days etc

That's a good point, I never really considered changing the daycycle. I/whoever will definitely have to experiment with it in order to get the seasons done correctly. I'll also throw up time references in the OP so that people know how long a full day/season/year is going to last.

I changed the poll to be something relevant, I'm curious to know what people think in terms of continual playability- I don't want Hogwarts to be another RPG where you rush through and then there's nothing else to do.

I'm a bit skeptical about the 4 hour day cycle, seems a bit long for someone to hop in and play for a bit.
but If I can have a dragon pet thats all fixed lolololololol

There are a number of reasons it's 4 hours long.
  • Quidditch matches may last 1-2 hours, and it would be nearly impossible to play in the dark
  • Some quests will require it to be nighttime, and thus nights need to be decent in length
  • The lighting shifts in a 4 hour day cycle are hardly noticeable
Feel free to suggest alternatives, nothing is set in stone.

I have added an in-game time to real time reference to the about page of the website, 40 days might be a little long for one school year but let me know what you guys think. (Yes, I calculated this based on the start/end dates of Hogwarts)

Quick bump: Project is still alive (as always), I've just recently been busy with school/cleaning up the debris from my computer after it exploded :(

Fortunately I had the server backed up.

Please let me know if you're interested in helping me, Alphadin, and whoever else code something magical.

Cmon I can't be he only one interested in quiddich

Quidditch is going to require some kind of interesting broom playertype, I don't think vehicles will be able to properly handle it.

Server is up now for any interested in helping- I'm looking for people that can code and model odd jobs.