Author Topic: is whitepeoplemeet tribal?  (Read 4077 times)

No, they're dating sites for all types of groups: gays, Jews, Muslims, blacks, Asians and so forth.

I am getting sick and tired of this bullstuff.  Whenever someone white does something, its seen as tribal to blacks.  I am not tribal and i don't support racism but COME ON.  Okay, a black kid gets shot by a white police officer, the whole universe freaks out, but when a white kid gets shot, no one cares.  Its loving annoying

Blackpeoplemeet, isn't tribal but when someone white tries to do the same thing it is seen as tribal?

So, no whitepeoplemeet is not tribal.

The definition of tribal is based around "one race being superior". I guess if you think having a loveual preference is inherently tribal then yes, but personally I would say no.

not inherently, but will white tribals be attracted to it? absolutely. if you remove politics from the equation then it's just a case of it being a weird niche site where people that share qualities can meet each other, like christianmingle or farmersonly

now, the problem i would have is if it were made just to make a point. if you do that, you're an starfish without question. maybe it's not tribal, but it's certainly not a very nice way to do things
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:05:53 AM by otto-san »

So if you're white and want to meet white people you're now tribal? Get your stuff together people..

So if you're white and want to meet white people you're now tribal? Get your stuff together people..

Racism means someone thinks one race is superior to another. What part of the website does this? I don't see an issue.

Racism means someone thinks one race is superior to another. What part of the website does this? I don't see an issue.
Exactly, no part does. No wheres does it say 'this is where the superior race meets' it's for white people who prefer people of their own skin tone. Maybe they like how it looks more? Hmmm, damn people and their preferences....

Technically it is discrimination to say only people of a certain race can use your site.

But who cares? It's not tribal to not be attracted to a certain race, you can't choose what you're attracted to.

And what are you going to do about it? Censor websites you don't agree with?

It's also worth mentioning, as others have mentioned, that no one has a problem with black people meet.

Technically it is discrimination to say only people of a certain race can use your site.

But who cares? It's not tribal to not be attracted to a certain race, you can't choose what you're attracted to.

And what are you going to do about it? Censor websites you don't agree with?

It's also worth mentioning, as others have mentioned, that no one has a problem with black people meet.
By definition it isn't even discrimination, or at least discrimination in the way people think of the word.

Discrimination CAN be used to describe the site as it is making a distinction between whites and the rest of the world, but again this is not inherently bad, as long as no negative connotation is assigned to the comparison.

Discrimination CAN'T be used here in the sense that most people imply, because this site clearly isn't attempting to unjustly set apart a group of people. What it is trying to do is allow people of a specific race to meet people of that same race.

Of course, this is fact mixed in with my own opinion so take what you will away from it.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 12:57:13 AM by Tayasaurus »

There's a reason I used the word 'discrimination' instead of 'racism'
Racism is
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
I see no reason to believe that the creator of the website thinks white people are superior, so no, its not racism.

But saying "you can't be here if you're not x race" is pretty much the definition of racial discrimination. But as I said, not really a bad thing in this case

Discrimination CAN be used to describe the site as it is making a distinction between whites and the rest of the world, but again this is not inherently bad, as long as no negative connotation is assigned to the comparison.
This is what I'm saying

Well i wanna meet a girl with a car, a job, and credit.
Not just any statistically failure of a scrub. And my odds are better with white people.