tips to dealing with depression

Poll

u dealin with the depress-land

yea
26 (43.3%)
non
34 (56.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: tips to dealing with depression  (Read 2603 times)

my uncle died and i didn't shed a single tear
its like i didnt care about him but i did
I feel like that's pretty normal nowadays. I am not trynna minimize your feelings, but there hasn't been a death in the family that I cried over.

i feel like the majority of people treat depression like a sadness. you don't "cure" depression by going outside and meeting new people. you're too depressed to do that and most of the time (at least for me) it just makes it worse.
maybe it's different for person to person but that's what i believe. i'm currently dealing with a handicapped rollercoaster of depression and talking to people irl makes me die a little inside because i know i'll probably never meet anyone that legitimately enjoys my company or shares the same interests so i just gradually distance myself more and more
i'm sure some people feel the same way. it gets worse over time so i definitely suggest getting help asap

smoke a fat joint then eat a stuff ton of food

Well this explains a lot about the OP

Pick up a good wholesome hobby (music, drawing, rollerblading, skating, mountain biking, drawing research, running, lifting weights, ect)
Think about who you wanna be and plan for the future.

I can't really give tips because I've been quite happy lately

Well I always fight my depression by smoking some good oak leaves

Literally the best way to deal with depression is to keep yourself as occupied as you can, and that means doing things seeing people, I have learned from experience that when I sit in my room and play blockland or other video games all day the depression starts to hit me harder.

Literally the best way to deal with depression is to keep yourself as occupied as you can, and that means doing things seeing people, I have learned from experience that when I sit in my room and play blockland or other video games all day the depression starts to hit me harder.
I mean, if you play something you have fun doing and socialize with people in game then it's fine.

I mean, if you play something you have fun doing and socialize with people in game then it's fine.

I used to have the same opinion but when you're sat in the same place all day staring at the same screen, the depression seems to manifest even when you don't notice it doing so and before you know it it's too late.