Kerbal Space Program Megathread (KSP) - DMP SERVER IS BACK UP

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program Megathread (KSP) - DMP SERVER IS BACK UP  (Read 70890 times)

I tried adding texture replacer a while ago and it just completely broke my game
Ill wait until the comms mod is released before trying again but thanks
I actually run the environmental enhancements without the texture replacement.... I think. It works perfectly fine for me.

Don't mind me, just flying at mach 5.1 and coming within 50 Kelvin of burning my roosterpit off:

http://i.imgur.com/jpkp5Fi.png (full resolution)

I'll take more pictures of it once I finish my trip around the world.

post your mod folders
update modmanager you pleb

I'm somewhere between 'having too much stuff for my own good' and 'jesus christ how do you not crash every time you start your game'
then again a good chunk of my mods don't actually add parts; AtmosAutopilot I just use for fly-by-wire, there's KER and some other information mod in there, EVE, KJR...
also i ripped most of the parts outta b9 aerospace(except the parts that actually fit) cus i just wanted the props so there's that. I hate most of what it adds anyway, it's all really weird sizes that aren't compatible with stock. Makes me tear my hair out when I get a part that claims to be one size yet it's obviously not going to fit with a stock part of the same size.

The game crashed while I was descending. Godammit.
Whatever, I got some pictures I wanted though.

Waiting until the last 10 seconds to start draining fuel from my main tanks.

Came within 12 Kelvin of burning up. Unfortunately, when I dropped the external fuel pods, KER decided it was a better idea to focus on the engines instead because they were technically hotter :(

Initial descent. Crashed immediately after I got this picture, go figure. Looks pretty though.

Pictures of it in the hangar:

Still got a few tweaks that need to be made, but otherwise she's pretty much fully operational. Would have made it all the way around the world and landed if it wasn't for the game crashing.

It's too bad the moving parts mod wont ever work with wings

It's too bad the moving parts mod wont ever work with wings
Infernal Robotics? It should with FAR, i think. It's voxel-based physics

looking it up shows it definitely does in FAR. Old post, but probably still applicable

Infernal Robotics? It should with FAR, i think. It's voxel-based physics

looking it up shows it definitely does in FAR. Old post, but probably still applicable

That reddit post isnt making much sense to me, but I mean wings that can extend would give you more lift, but if you could contract them at high altitude you would decrease front drag too, when its not needed

Does that work?

That reddit post isnt making much sense to me, but I mean wings that can extend would give you more lift, but if you could contract them at high altitude you would decrease front drag too, when its not needed

Does that work?
if by 'extend' and 'contract' you mean swing-wings in a fashion such as this, then, yeah. It all depends on how fast you're going; subsonic, greater wingspan is more lift, super/hypersonic, greater wingspan is more drag which outweighs lift, basically. Use this table as a reference point.

if by 'extend' and 'contract' you mean swing-wings in a fashion such as this, then, yeah. It all depends on how fast you're going; subsonic, greater wingspan is more lift, super/hypersonic, greater wingspan is more drag which outweighs lift, basically. Use this table as a reference point.

OK that is loving sweet, I assume it doesnt work stock

OK that is loving sweet, I assume it doesnt work stock
It doesn't. Stock doesn't do a lot of aerodynamics things properly, which is why a lot of people(including myself) recommend FAR, which is realistic enough to force learners to have to go look up how real aerodynamics works in order to design properly.
Speaking of which, if it's your first time using FAR:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/47818-basic-aircraft-design-explained-simply-with-pictures/
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/109098-official-far-craft-repository/&page=4#comment-1934095

idea i found on a comment somewhere that you guys could try:

if you have a station / satellite / whatever on a decaying orbit and want to make sure it lands in one piece but forgot to put parachutes on it, you could try the Cooler Solution:

build a grabber-rocket with lots of parachutes that interecepts and grabs it

and strangely enough, 4 hours constantly playing ksp never crashed once

no idea how the forget

also, if someone who uses realism overhaul can tell me the mod that makes engines efficient enough for RSS, that'd be great
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:34:01 PM by Maxwell. »