League of Legends - Sylas? New Season? You bet.

Poll

Which would have been the best name for League of Legends?

League of Xenon
4 (9.5%)
League of 360
10 (23.8%)
League of Durango
6 (14.3%)
League of One
7 (16.7%)
League of Scorpio
3 (7.1%)
League of X
12 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: League of Legends - Sylas? New Season? You bet.  (Read 458994 times)

You also have to look at how often the champion is picked.

If a champion is being picked like, 20+% of the time, their win rate is probably going to look relatively low. Because the community likely has the mindset of "This champion is in a good spot right now" without looking at win rates. They probably aren't wrong either. But just because the champion is in a good spot, doesn't mean they know how to properly make use of the champion. You'll have a large amount of players playing champions they don't know how to play because 'muh op', and thus their rate drops.

Which makes sense why a champion you aren't seeing, vel'koz, has a particularly good win rate. He likely has a significantly less pick rate. Which means he probably isn't in that 'pick to win' state, and is likely played more by players that are already good with him.

A champion's difficulty and winrate combined are a better indicator of a balance issue imo. If you have a high skillcap champion like GP being both pick/ban and having a ludicrous winrate, something is definitely wrong. Same deal with that dumb frozen mallet yas build or guinsoos vayne.

Idk Vel'koz is definitely good, only character I've earned two S- and up ranks on

thats like saying sivir is good cause ive been doing well on her recently

all it means is ur doing good on him/her/it. it doesnt mean they’re particularly good in the current meta. there are other champs out there that can abuse the current botlane meta as well as velkoz can, or better

thats like saying sivir is good cause ive been doing well on her recently

all it means is ur doing good on him/her/it. it doesnt mean they’re particularly good in the current meta. there are other champs out there that can abuse the current botlane meta as well as velkoz can, or better
So 54 percent winrate means he is terrible? Got it.

I don't see how this conclusion could be drawn from what Conan said. Strawmanning lvl 100

Idk Vel'koz is definitely good, only character I've earned two S- and up ranks on

what does this even mean

what does this even mean
it means he is not good at other champions HEHEHE

bruh i didnt say hes terrible why are you so aggressive about this

im saying that 54% winrate and you doing well on him doesnt mean hes secret op meta pick rn, its not enough data to go on. you greatly posit his strength without considering if the data really implies hes that strong. if he was you’d see him a lot more and wouldnt be able to play him cause hed be pick/ban

ur channeling some seriously toxic attitude in your posts here and in the discord. you should be careful how you interpret other people’s messages and how aggressive you counter them. if you dont, i can see it being likely that you’ll get chatbanned at some point in the near future
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:34:42 PM by Conan »

ur channeling some seriously toxic attitude in your posts here and in the discord. you should be careful how you interpret other people’s messages and how aggressive you counter them. if you dont, i can see it being likely that you’ll get chatbanned at some point in the near future
^^^

being toxic is no way to deal with frustration. It's entirely possible to disagree with someone civilly without attacking or lashing out at them.

He's constantly like that all over the forums. Think he's just too high up on himself and doesn't bother to try and understand someone else's view, ever.

He's constantly like that all over the forums. Think he's just too high up on himself and doesn't bother to try and understand someone else's view, ever.

bruh i didnt say hes terrible why are you so aggressive about this

im saying that 54% winrate and you doing well on him doesnt mean hes secret op meta pick rn, its not enough data to go on. you greatly posit his strength without considering if the data really implies hes that strong. if he was you’d see him a lot more and wouldnt be able to play him cause hed be pick/ban

He is strong though, it's kinda like how you (or at least I don't) very often see Sion played top, yet he's got the highest top winrate. I don't see me being 'toxic' anywhere in the Discord? Feel free to pull up some examples, because I'm not finding anything.

I don't see how this conclusion could be drawn from what Conan said. Strawmanning lvl 100
What else would it mean? If he has a high winrate, he's probably good or good players play him well.

^^^

being toxic is no way to deal with frustration. It's entirely possible to disagree with someone civilly without attacking or lashing out at them.
Never did either of those things. If you take what I said to Conan as a strike at the heart you need to get some balls. Also cute you pointed out my age isn't on my profile lol; I'm 17, 18 in August. What's it to you exactly? If you're going to make some point about maturity; stow it. You're only 20 years old and you still probably play video games s much as the next teenager around here.
What view am I not understanding? He has a decently high winrate, and I do well on him. It doesn't really matter if he's "meta" or not to me, because I'm not a high skill player.

I'm not 'high up on myself' at all, it's just the Internet. I'm not trying to impress anyone here with charm and respect. I read a lot of textual fecal matter on this forum too - mostly because I browse Drama a lot.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:23:08 PM by Mr. Bones »

look dude most of us here have been around the block and seen how people get chatbanned/banned from league. if you want to ignore us telling you that the way you're coming off is really toxic, that's up to you. i dont suggest it lightly.

its toxic in the way that you exaggerate the response and read too much into people's posts as attacking your beliefs. im not sure how you can draw that crazy conclusion that i was saying velkoz is terrible. you still seem to think i think that - im disputing that deciding he's strong with the data you presented is incorrect. and if you read so much into so little, and make snide outbursts like that, eventually you'll come across someone ingame who'll trigger you and if you end up flaming back you can get automatically chatbanned

I'm not 'high up on myself' at all, it's just the Internet. I'm not trying to impress anyone here with charm and respect.