Is this a decent PC build?

Author Topic: Is this a decent PC build?  (Read 1301 times)

Trying to build a relatively cheap PC that can run Gmod and Blockland decently without lagging from a bunch of players or something. I know it doesn't take much to run those two well, but I don't want a borderline PC and not be able to play other games that may attract my eye.

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on this, like if there is anything that could be improved for the money being spent. My budget is around 350, not buying a hard drive because I already have a few laying around.

I basically got the current set up from the Logical Increments website, with a few improvements.

yeah that pentium is really strong, good entry level build

alright, sorry i hate to make threads like these but you never know, somebody might know about something technical or might have tried something that works better, etc.

Dont we really only save like 40 bucks all around from a 1150 to an 1151 (at that price tier)
There is little reason to use 1150 anymore from scratch. Its just old tech and no real significant savings.

Also if you're wondering that case will fit a Hyper Evo 212 or similar heatsink. I have the same case and heatsink but there is no room above the heatsink, it's almost touching the side of the case.

I bought a 700 dollar computer and then upgraded it with 266 dollars worth of parts.

GTX 970 4gb was only like 200 dollars, super cheap. Runs everything on MAX!

GTX 970 4gb was only like 200 dollars, super cheap. Runs everything on MAX!
I thought out of the GTX 9x0 series that only the 980 could run max

I have a 970 4gb that can run Fallout 4 on ULTRA actually and there is no framerate drops.

Still can't run blockland on max shaders without dropping below 30.

tony gets hit in the head with rocks for fun btw take what he says with a grain of salt

yeah no 970 is really powerful but not 200 dollars

Also if you're wondering that case will fit a Hyper Evo 212 or similar heatsink. I have the same case and heatsink but there is no room above the heatsink, it's almost touching the side of the case.
you really don't need aftermarket heatsink/fan

stock is fine if you aren't overclocking

980 sucks because you could just get a 970 (runs max/ultra-ish at 1080p, ~30-60 fps depending on your game). 980 is like "lol what am i doing"

get a 970 or a 980 ti, not a 980. horrible p/p ratio.

from what i can tell, that system is p good. if you want pro help, go to /r/buildapc and go to their irc channel.