What if Kompresor and Badspot restore interiors and terrains?

Poll

Do you wish to see old maps from old versions of the Blockland?

YES!!!!
73 (53.7%)
Not really...I like playing only slate.
20 (14.7%)
Nope.avi
43 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: What if Kompresor and Badspot restore interiors and terrains?  (Read 7149 times)

The problem that comes up when you have entire maps made of bricks is is that huge and complex maps lag the hell out of certain people, though

Well it should be up to the community. I rarely see others share builds.

We know that this sort of stuff can be made with modter and look relatively better. The main point is gameplay and ease of access. Maps were a fast and easy way to get things moving on a server, made things much more large scale, and vehicle physics actually worked on them.

If someone made like a modter enviornment and then handed the basic enviornment to the community then the community could use it and build off it. No one does this though. When I finish my toystore I plan on releasing an empty version so people can make their stuff.

The problem that comes up when you have entire maps made of bricks is is that huge and complex maps lag the hell out of certain people, though

Might be time for an upgrade. This is why shaders aren't mandatory either.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:04:58 AM by Lord Tony® »

Might be time for an upgrade. This is why shaders aren't mandatory either.
Upgrade my computer? I just did, with 16 GB of RAM and a 970 :(

I typically don't have an issue with larger brick counts, but not everyone has a high-end computer... Not to mention this game is kind of old haha

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=287989.0

My toystore shows interior maps are possible with modter. To be honest it looks even better than the early interior maps.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:12:27 AM by Lord Tony® »

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=287989.0

My toystore shows interior maps are possible with modter. To be honest it looks even better than the early interior maps.

Just curious, not including modter, how much of the build is default bricks?

It's entirely possible to get badass maps without lots-a-bricks, though depending on the artistic vision it could take some really clever design and brick packs.

Just curious, not including modter, how much of the build is default bricks?

100%

I don't use custom bricks unless they were for cosmetics only. I'll never use custom bricks for core building.

Those little zombies in the store window don't count as they are cosmetics to me. When I disable custom bricks none of the build will get affected by it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:36:44 AM by Lord Tony® »

They're thinking blindly agreeing with badspot gets them somewhere.
Who do you think you're helping with snide and petty remarks like this?

Terrain would have to look damn good. Not jagged and unrealistic as forget, nor with awful low-quality textures.

Our terrain looked the same as terrain in Mount&Blade Warband, which despite being actually crucial there, is probably the most frustrating and ugly aspect of that game.

If we want terrain back it needs to be up to scratch with modern terrain.
Everything else in Blockland has a rather timeless look. Terrain definitely gives away our age.

Lego World's terrain is great.

They're thinking blindly agreeing with badspot gets them somewhere.
Yes, yes, and yes.  Every person who has made anything worth a damn in blockland and been around here a while knows exactly whats up.  Those who praise shaders as greater than maps either never played with real maps or are loving peasants grobbling for their e-points with badspot / bandwagon.

Im sure that most of the people who want terrain back dont give a stuff if it looks old, it done its purpose and was worth more than shaders

Yes, yes, and yes.  Every person who has made anything worth a damn in blockland and been around here a while knows exactly whats up.  Those who praise shaders as greater than maps either never played with real maps or are loving peasants grobbling for their e-points with badspot / bandwagon.
Obviously not, because otherwise everyone would be playing V20.
The only thing I miss from V20 is the occasional skiing down the slopes.

Even if the entire Blockland community wanted maps back, do you really think Badspot is going to do it?
No he will not.
I am not dissing the guy as he has worked on this game for over 10 years, but everyone can see he has gotten tired of it.
We should be happy he even keeps the masterserver alive.

So I really don't see what you guys try to accomplice by making these kinds of posts.

Instead of dwelling on the past, why not look at the future?
[GSF]Ghosts terrain generator will be at least a 1000 times better than maps ever could have been.

-It will actually allow you to mold the terrain exactly the way you want.
-Servers look different because different terrain is generated.
-Buildings actually don't look out of place.
-Beautiful shaders to wrap around the terrain.

[GSF]Ghosts terrain generator will be at least a 1000 times better than maps ever could have been.

So why was this not made by badspot then? With proper engine integration? Why does the community have to fix badspots bad decisions?

It's a generator, not an editor. Of course you can just keep changing the seed until you get what you want but that's not really fun.

Imagine if we had an actual realtime brick terrain editor, that would be cool as hell. It's what people have asked for as a replacement for maps. PTG is amazing but still very far from this.

Yeh, at glorious 40 fps!

new drinking game: take a shot every time someone makes one of these threads
Help I died of alcohol poisoning.

So why was this not made by badspot then? With proper engine integration? Why does the community have to fix badspots bad decisions?
I am not dissing the guy as he has worked on this game for over 10 years, but everyone can see he has gotten tired of it.

It's a generator, not an editor. Of course you can just keep changing the seed until you get what you want but that's not really fun.
You can modify the terrain by building.
And more tools will come once it is released.

As nice as interiors were do we really need them? Is it too hard to get some friends together and build your own city? I mean the games motto is 'the game where you build stuff' not 'let other people make a map for you so you can use it instead'
I prefer the ability to be able to switch the weather, raise and lower water, change time of day, etc, on a whim. I think there was a single map before that could do something similar but not as good.

-Servers look different because different terrain is generated.
-Buildings actually don't look out of place.
This looks really amazing, if the vehicle collision is fixed then perhaps people will shut up and use this instead. If I do remember correctly there is someone fixing it