Author Topic: BLOCK WARS: The Force Hits Snooze Add-on Pack (Resistance Trooper and Weapons!)  (Read 13661 times)

i am in love with your model work
Thanks!

Instead of that, how about an xwing pilot gear? Looks much cooler. Also a kylo ren playertype
I had an idea today today to release add-ons on this topic in "packs" (at least 1 playertype [or item] and 1 weapon). I guess when this "pack" is done it'll be called "The Conflict Pack" or something.  I plan to make a "Pilot Pack" later on (X-Wing Pilot and First Order TIE Fighter Pilot").

Plus this (WIP but definitely feel free to give feedback. Hell I'll redo it all over if I must!).

Ok now make first order snowtrooper :)
Definitely, but not now.

Can you make one with recolorable nodes or will that be too much work?
Don't know how actually but I'll try!

Why not make the storm trooper helmet and chest piece as equipment items? Then you could do a color-shift on them and make them the color of the players paint can. Purple Storm Trooper anyone?
Don't know how to make color shifts (I could look into the ski item I guess) but I did just make a mountable helmet and torso item (Using Gravity Cat's military gear script I must add). As for the first question, I made this with a TDM in mind and thought it inconvenient to constantly put on but I forget RP's a thing. I could modify the playertype to simply not have the helmet so people have that option to do so in a TDM, I want it to be cosmetic personally.

Anyways, despite using other people's code (Which tbh makes me feel scummy), I feel like this feedback and process of making stuff is really helping me learn!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:51:33 AM by JJJMan4 »

Honestly, it'd be a better idea to just release one pack and then update it.
I dunno about you but I hate to scroll through my addon list from all these packs.

Also, I see you're using sketchup. Would love to know your exportion method into blockland. I always have trouble with materials whenever I try it.

Don't know how to make color shifts (I could look into the ski item I guess) but I did just make a mountable helmet and torso item (Using Gravity Cat's military gear script I must add). As for the first question, I made this with a TDM in mind and thought it inconvenient to constantly put on but I forget RP's a thing. I could modify the playertype to simply not have the helmet so people have that option to do so in a TDM, I want it to be cosmetic personally.
There could be a pref option your star wars gear pack uses to keep armor and helmets when you die, that way players don't have to constantly re-equip it. The ski item uses node recoloring not colorshifting but your on the right track

Honestly, it'd be a better idea to just release one pack and then update it.
I dunno about you but I hate to scroll through my addon list from all these packs.
Fair enough, I'll do that instead.
Also, I see you're using sketchup. Would love to know your exportion method into blockland. I always have trouble with materials whenever I try it.
I can post it here, make a new topic elsewhere, or PM you in detail how I personally do it when I wake up.

Anyways, being the newbie I am, I spent literally all day trying to figure out how to shift colors in the Stormtrooper model (using the playertype for testing purposes, I'll put it on the items later).
I named the white material of both parts of the model to blank in Milkshape and have a blank.png in the shapes folder with both the torso and helmet. I then made sure doColorshift was true for both datablocks. And I tried setting the colorShiftColor to %client.player.chestColor to no avail. Does it have to do with the fact I set the chest node to off? I doubt it since i tried using other color nodes. Could be an error in the model. If anyone wants to help, feel free.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:21:30 AM by JJJMan4 »

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=263667.msg7736966#msg7736966

This is an example of the exportion method, somehow when following it I was lost, but I think that's now due to me not reversing backfaces. I think it'd be helpful if we had a massive tutorial on how to actually use sketchup with more information.
I've used it for quite a while (not with blockland) so if you wanna talk about it sometime, hit me up.

pretty amazing, I might end up using this in link-related

the collection of blockwars content increases. i dont know why someone hasnt made a full dm of these mods yet
we have

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=263667.msg7736966#msg7736966

This is an example of the exportion method, somehow when following it I was lost, but I think that's now due to me not reversing backfaces. I think it'd be helpful if we had a massive tutorial on how to actually use sketchup with more information.
I've used it for quite a while (not with blockland) so if you wanna talk about it sometime, hit me up.
Done. Hope it's good.

I still can't figure out how to change the color of the Stormtrooper armor for the life of me. Anyone care to help via PM or Steam? My Steam page is in my profile. (PS I have school tomorrow so I won't be able talk for like half of the day)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:11:50 PM by JJJMan4 »

Double-post but...
I updated the title, OP, and included new add-ons.

Also, I sincerely apologize, I really wanted colorable Stormtroopers as well but I'm heavily inexperienced. Also trying to accomplish that was setting back the other add-ons I finished and I wanted to release them now.

So I guess I must ask, what should I focus on for the next update?:
Fixing the known issues and making the stormtrooper colorable

OR

New weapons and playertypes (Pilots and pistols)

EDIT: I guess main characters could be an option too (Kylo Ren, Phasma, etc.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:22:05 PM by JJJMan4 »

To be honest I really don't like the Resistance Trooper, doesn't feel starwarsy at all. Maybe make a bounty hunter suit? Also some alien races would be cool. Admiral Akbar, Cantina dwellers etc

I guess main characters could be an option too (Kylo Ren, Phasma, etc.)
YES.
To be honest I really don't like the Resistance Trooper, doesn't feel starwarsy at all. Maybe make a bounty hunter?
How does it not feel star wars-y? And I don't think any bounty hunters were in the new movie, unless you talking about Boba and Jango Fett, from the older movies, which would be an absolutely great idea.

To be honest I really don't like the Resistance Trooper, doesn't feel starwarsy at all. Maybe make a bounty hunter suit? Also some alien races would be cool. Admiral Akbar, Cantina dwellers etc
Agreed.  I'll admit the design looks uninspired but it was the best I could find so there could be common Stormtrooper types and common resistance trooper types. Not sure what a bounty hunter suit would look like. And I could make heads to mount on players for alien species (And the other helmets seen here).