Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88832 times)

YES YES YES YES YES!

(This is a noob question, but I can't find the download?)

Nvm, found it.

Edit: I think my computer is too weak, because It always crashes my blockland on the loading screen, and this happens if my blockland executes too many addons
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:10:05 PM by Ryan Crowlife »

new desktop background megathread

okay great to know :)

WOAH, going to make one of those my new desktop background =P

Btw, if anyone needs help with specific features of the add-on let me know so I can upload more video tutorials regarding those topics.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:18:02 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

Talking with a friend about Blockland, a game I used to play, I was looking through add-ons to see if anything remotely revolutionary had happened since I last played it.

I was not expecting much. Nothing had been happening for the past couple years.

But then I saw this.

And I saw the images?

Holy loving stuff.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:02:41 PM by The Titanium »

my terrain keeps doing this weird wall thing:

Also how do I prevent it fro generating in a giant square?

Talking with a friend about Blockland, a game I used to play, I was looking through add-ons to see if anything remotely revolutionary had happened since I last played it.

I was not expecting much. Nothing had been happening for the past couple years.

But then I saw this.

And I saw the images?
Blockland needed a generator, now it has one. =)

my terrain keeps doing this weird wall thing:

Also how do I prevent it fro generating in a giant square?

I'm not quite sure what could be causing that; it seems like it's due to how the noise scales are set up or due to previous chunks saves that were reloaded into the terrain. Could you send me a preset save so I can check it out on my end?

For the square grid issue, you can try expanding the start and end positions of the grid, and then increasing the edge falloff distance to make the terrain falloff more gradually.

Blockland needed a generator, now it has one. =)
I'm not quite sure what could be causing that; it seems like it's due to how the noise scales are set up or due to previous chunks saves that were reloaded into the terrain. Could you send me a preset save so I can check it out on my end?

For the square grid issue, you can try expanding the start and end positions of the grid, and then increasing the edge falloff distance to make the terrain falloff more gradually.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ufkhgiann6v47qr/Weird+Wall+thing+for+GSFGHost.txt

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 11:21:59 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

How do I make it so there's no gaps in between modter bricks, but just 1 smooth terrain surface you wouldn't ever have to jump on to traverse? I saw the preset with a preview image like it, but when I use that preset it still has small vertical drops occasionally.

A good way to look at terrain generation is to compare it to pixelating an image; the larger the pixel size, the less detail will be present in the image. To increase the detail with the pixel size, you would have to stretch out the image as well.

When using ModTer, even the 8x bricks, you would have to stretch out the terrain to add more detail, and to make hills appear smoother and more gradual. You can do this by increasing the XY-axis noise scales for terrain under Advanced settings.

For instance, instead of 256, 64 and 16 (shown in the image above), you could try changing it to like 512, 64 and 16, or 512, 128 and 32; you might need to play around with it to get it to generate how you want. Reducing the Z-axis values as well (right next to the XY-axis values shown above), might also work. Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:43:14 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Thanks a ton, was thinking the 'Ensure seamless terrain for ModTer' should do it but it didn't to my surprise; the above explains it.

EDIT: Whenever I build on terrain made with this generator, and remove a brick, it's bounding box lingers for about a second. How do I disable this?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:58:57 PM by TheArmyGuy »

No problem, also that's due to the floating brick support script, so it can really be disabled. However, Zeblote suggested another method to allow bricks to be planted on floating terrain, which seems to work great and allows bricks to behave normally. So the new script will be included in the next update, which is close to being done.

:^)
That would be awesome to traverse with the stunt buggy. =)

When ever I genarate terrain it 

Edit sorry i ment when it finishes generating
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:52:14 PM by swat randomplayer1 »