Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88906 times)

Very nice! Terrain was always a pain to make by hand...
Also, is there a way to make the bricks not appear in such organized rows? Or is that just the style? Thanks.
Like to add more diversity to brick placement when generating them within chunks? It's a lot easier to generate terrain using that method, however you can gradually generate terrain using various brick sizes to add more diversity to the landscape.

One way to achieve this would be to generate a normal grid of terrain using a certain brick size. Then, using the Chunk Manager or the /PTGRemoveChunk command, you can go around and remove certain chunks, then regenerate them using a different brick size. This will add some variation to the terrain, and most of the time the chunks should still match up correctly.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 07:00:36 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

proudly used in BIG TDM V2

The heavens opened up, and this gracefully floated down.

When is the next tutorial video coming out?

When is the next tutorial video coming out?
I'm hoping to get at least one or two more tutorials out this week; one of which will cover common questions or issues players have been experiencing.

Is there anything in particular that needs to be covered for a future tutorial?

I'm hoping to get at least one or two more tutorials out this week; one of which will cover common questions or issues players have been experiencing.

Is there anything in particular that needs to be covered for a future tutorial?
It'd be good to cover the advanced features and show examples of how each setting works.

It'd be good to cover the advanced features and show examples of how each setting works.
I'll definitely be covering the Advanced options in a future video. Showing how each setting works is also a great idea.

The 2nd video tutorial has been uploaded! This one will go in-depth on Setup options and the routine button controls (such as the Apply & Start, Resume, Halt and Clear buttons) for the Complex GUI.

Also, I'm still planning on finishing version 3.1, which will include various fixes and some new additions.

Possibly you should come up with a MERP mode? One that makes the terrain with plates.

Possibly you should come up with a MERP mode? One that makes the terrain with plates.
This.  Or can we already set the terrain to 1x1s or 2x2 plates?

I just "LOVE" How infinite generation deletes it as you go, Just love making terrai to delete it.

I just "LOVE" How infinite generation deletes it as you go, Just love making terrai to delete it.
So I'd also assume you therefore love having 1 FPS.

This.  Or can we already set the terrain to 1x1s or 2x2 plates?
You can already set up the terrain to use 1x1 or any square sized plate.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:57:20 PM by Kamutog »

It doesn't delete it; the terrain is saved and will be restored later.

However, you can turn this feature off so that the terrain is not temporarily removed.

However, you can turn this feature off so that the terrain is not temporarily removed.
How so?

How so?

Watch the latest tutorial, which covers both options that Greek2me mentioned. Chunk culling can be toggled, and there are many options for saving chunks (and even an option to disable saving).

This.  Or can we already set the terrain to 1x1s or 2x2 plates?
You can already use 1x1f, 2x2f, etc. for terrain, but it's usually best to adjust the noise scales under Advanced options to scale down the terrain for creating MERPs - which can be very technical. So adding an option to have the generator automatically set up MERPs for you would be a great idea.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:04:40 PM by [GSF]Ghost »