Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88942 times)

it says multiuser support in this topic and in the overview gui, but it does not say how to toggle this.
can't find the the toggle in the command list, rtb prefs gui, or ptg gui...

think i found it in the complex gui misc area
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 06:09:59 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

it says multiuser support in this topic and in the overview gui, but it does not say how to toggle this.
can't find the the toggle in the command list, rtb prefs gui, or ptg gui...

think i found it in the complex gui misc area
Yeah it should be under Routines options in the Complex GUI. There are three options for allowing non-host players (who are super admins) to upload GUI settings, use the server commands and to upload and manage builds.

This also comes in handy for those who rent keys for dedicated hosting services.

Hey, why'd you delete your Youtube account? :(

Hey, why'd you delete your Youtube account? :(
Sorry for the inconvenience. :/ The security on my account was compromised, so I disabled it for the time being. However, I should be able to bring it back and reupload the videos later on if needed.

Yeah it should be under Routines options in the Complex GUI. There are three options for allowing non-host players (who are super admins) to upload GUI settings, use the server commands and to upload and manage builds.

This also comes in handy for those who rent keys for dedicated hosting services.

If you are someone with a rental key, how would you apply the setting to begin with? It says you need to be host to apply the settings, which you aren't if you have a dedicated server.

I'm super late on this but great job on finally getting it out.

If you are someone with a rental key, how would you apply the setting to begin with? It says you need to be host to apply the settings, which you aren't if you have a dedicated server.
The host check will still work if you are using a dedicated server. However, if you're using a rental key, there is a way to still use the GUI and generator commands normally. Three toggle options were added, which allow the host to give Super Admins permission to use certain features. These options can be set up through one of the GUIs by the host, or manually via the dedicated server console window.

Entering $PTG.allowNOnHost_SetUpload = true; will allow you to upload your GUI settings to the server.
$PTG.allowNH_SrvrCmdEventUse = true; will allow you to use the various server commands (as well as events, if the events pack has been downloaded and enabled).
$PTG.allowNonHost_BuildManage = true; will allow for you to use the build uploading and management feature, for randomly generating your .bls saves through the landscape.

You can also just enter function PTG_HostCheck(%cl){if(%cl.isLocalConnection() || %cl.bl_id == %YOURBLID) return true; return false;} into the server console, which should adjust the server host check function to acknowledge you as the host (just make sure to replace %YOURBLID above with your blockland ID). This option will prevent having to enable the Super Admin permissions above.

I'm super late on this but great job on finally getting it out.

I don't really know how to open the GUI for this as the youtube videos are down, please help?

Go to options menu and set a keybind for it.

This + endless zombies = loving awesomeness

Can anyone tell me why my details aren't generated, even if I set them to enabled on the complex gui?

Hey, is there a way to make invisible brick boundaries? I do have an 'invisible' paint color, but the bricks are still very visible and ugly because of the sun reflections.
I'd use static shapes if I knew how to use the chunk saving mechanic, but the videos are gone.

Edit: Discovered a bug with the Duplorcator: Undoing any Duplorcation will cause any floating bricks it was connected to to break.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 03:43:52 PM by Brixmon »

Sometimes There is a hole in the map and I will fill it in, but when I load it the bricks disappear, how can I fix it?

Can anyone tell me why my details aren't generated, even if I set them to enabled on the complex gui?
Detail generation depends on various factors, such as their frequency, the biome they are setup for, etc. If you are generating them relative to a custom biome, make sure the biome itself is enabled. Otherwise, try setting the frequency to a high value, and make sure the details have enough room to be planted.

Hey, is there a way to make invisible brick boundaries? I do have an 'invisible' paint color, but the bricks are still very visible and ugly because of the sun reflections.
I'd use static shapes if I knew how to use the chunk saving mechanic, but the videos are gone.

Edit: Discovered a bug with the Duplorcator: Undoing any Duplorcation will cause any floating bricks it was connected to to break.
Thanks for the bug report. Also, the best way to setup invisible brick boundaries is to use static shape boundaries instead of bricks, and then to enable the invisible static shapes option. Boundaries aren't saved with chunks, but they are removed relative to the chunk they are adjacent to when that chunk is removed.

Sometimes There is a hole in the map and I will fill it in, but when I load it the bricks disappear, how can I fix it?
Does it give you any kind of error message when the bricks disappear? Usually, bricks disappear when a chunk save is present for a certain location - to prevent new bricks from interfering with the past save.