Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88788 times)

Bump to keep alive!

Thanks for all your hard work on this Ghost.

Thanks for all your hard work on this Ghost.
No problem, it's a privilege to provide the community with such a useful and much-needed add-on.

Loving this so far. I'm using it for my new TDM/CTF server.

One problem though: Vehicle spawn settings don't seem to be saved with the chunk. I need to re-spawn my vehicles every time I load.

Also, is there any way to create a tunnel? I was trying to use the wand, but it deletes bricks on top, too. Is there a way to only remove the brick I hit?

Vehicle spawn settings should be saved with the chunk; I'll look into it for the next update. As for creating a tunnel, you could try to use the admin / destructo wand. I did a quick test and it doesn't seem to remove entire columns of bricks like the wand.

its like the 1 year anniversary

how to open the gui

check the options menu, and rebind controls to your liking (scroll through controls list, it'll be there)

One problem though: Vehicle spawn settings don't seem to be saved with the chunk. I need to re-spawn my vehicles every time I load.
I just remembered that I disabled vehicles from being automatically spawned when chunks are loaded. There was an issue in which vehicles would always fall through the spawn brick when loaded from a chunk save; even setting a spawn delay for the brick didn't work. There's no way to resolve the issue that I know of.

its like the 1 year anniversary
Hard to believe it's almost been a full year since it's release. =)

how to open the gui
check the options menu, and rebind controls to your liking (scroll through controls list, it'll be there)
Yeah, just set up a keybind under Options to open the GUIs.

How do I disable the dirt/cubes under to the layer of terrain from generating. They're unnecessary for me and use a ton of bricks.

There's currently no way to disable the dirt bricks, but using cubes or larger bricks for the terrain should reduce the amount of dirt bricks generated.

where can i obtain sylvanors trees without making an account on his dumb website? id rather not waste my time or information on something ill only use once.

I don't know of any other site that's hosting his trees; not sure why Sylvanor would now require an account just to download his add-on.

where can i obtain sylvanors trees without making an account on his dumb website? id rather not waste my time or information on something ill only use once.
I got you fam:
http://nationalist.co/Brick_LLSylvanorTrees.zip

There's currently no way to disable the dirt bricks, but using cubes or larger bricks for the terrain should reduce the amount of dirt bricks generated.
My problem with them is that they almost double the brickcount despite often not being visible at all.
I made them all an uncommon color then wrote a script to delete all bricks of that color, and it usually works well.
The only problem is the "ensure seamless terrain" doesn't seem to work, as with my current settings there's gaps where the dirt was visible now.