Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)

Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88956 times)

Does it give you any kind of error message when the bricks disappear? Usually, bricks disappear when a chunk save is present for a certain location - to prevent new bricks from interfering with the past save.
Yes, It says something about merge brick chunks enabled or somewhat.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:33:40 AM by -Paint- »

I'd like to host a server using this, how can I fix?

Disable force bricks into chunks.

Disable force bricks into chunks.
How? I'm a noob at this

Yes, It says something about merge brick chunks enabled or somewhat.

- pic -
That just means that bricks for the chunk in that area were saved to a chunk save file, and the generator won't allow new bricks to be planted / generated there to prevent interfering with the save. Try typing /PTGClearAllSaves into chat - this will clear all chunk saves and remove the error.

Why are the tutorials unavailable.

Do you think it is possible to generate terrain that looks like this? (without the bridge)

Why are the tutorials unavailable.
I recently took my channel down to a security concern. However, I may bring it back up later on and reupload the tutorials.

Do you think it is possible to generate terrain that looks like this? (without the bridge)

I'm sure that can be done procedurally, but creating more realistic landscapes like that would require some very complex scripts. Minecraft uses a technique called "Perlin Worms" for generating caves and I think rivers as well - this could also be used for creating the river from that build, along with having it snap to varying height levels to create the waterfall. The displaced hillside could probably be done by randomly grouping smaller bricks together into larger ones using zones (similar to how PTG determines random zones for loading builds into the landscape).

If we had a team of scripters who had experience using noise, I'm sure it would be possible, but otherwise that's a lot for one person to do lol. Building landscapes by hand definitely has an advantage to pseudorandomly-generated ones.

Maybe it's less of a job for random generation, imagine sculpting detailed brick terrain like that in some kind of editor mode :D

A brush-based editor would be a lot easier lol. Actually, I was developing one a while back - it worked fairly well and added a unique mechanic to the game, especially in multiplayer. I know a lot of people have been requesting it, so perhaps after finishing the updates for Item Storage and PTG I can resume development on it.

A brush-based editor would be a lot easier lol. Actually, I was developing one a while back - it worked fairly well and added a unique mechanic to the game, especially in multiplayer. I know a lot of people have been requesting it, so perhaps after finishing the updates for Item Storage and PTG I can resume development on it.
Please do!

Now when I try loading a new map I have saved half the bricks don't show up. How do I fix this?

Now when I try loading a new map I have saved half the bricks don't show up. How do I fix this?

Just to make sure, you were saving and loading bricks using Blockland's .bls saving system, not PTG's chunk saving system? I'm don't know what would cause that, other than saving the bricks before the rest of the chunks were finished generating. Did you get any error message in chat or in your console?

Just to make sure, you were saving and loading bricks using Blockland's .bls saving system, not PTG's chunk saving system? I'm don't know what would cause that, other than saving the bricks before the rest of the chunks were finished generating. Did you get any error message in chat or in your console?
I used the .bls saving system and while it loaded every time it would say "Host interfered with load" or some crap.

I used the .bls saving system and while it loaded every time it would say "Host interfered with load" or some crap.

Why didn't your first post about the problem contain this part?

How about instead of being vague like "or some crap" you post the actual error message?