Author Topic: [Client] Chat logger  (Read 5719 times)

Are you sure you're looking at the right place? Location?

Yes, I am shure that I am checking in the correct place

Yes, I am shure that I am checking in the correct place
I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong with the logger, try creating a folder in config/client/ as "Logging", if that doesn't work try creating a text file.. If that doesn't work, I have no idea to fix this because it seems that it's Blockland's fault.

Also make sure you installed the add-on correctly in the "Add-Ons" folder (without extracting)

Also make sure you installed the add-on correctly in the "Add-Ons" folder (without extracting)
It usually doesn't matter whether an add-on is a zip or a folder.

It usually doesn't matter whether an add-on is a zip or a folder.
No I mean not to extract the files out, but what am I doing here.

I'm confused... I was just supposed to place it in the addons folder or was I supposed to make a logging folder?

I'm confused... I was just supposed to place it in the addons folder or was I supposed to make a logging folder?
I'm not sure how you're confused, but I'll explain:

Download the add-on from the topic and make sure it's in your add-ons folder.
After that, create a folder in "config/client/" named "Logging" and create some random text document, doesn't matter what's inside or the name of it.

I'm not sure how you're confused, but I'll explain:

Download the add-on from the topic and make sure it's in your add-ons folder.
After that, create a folder in "config/client/" named "Logging" and create some random text document, doesn't matter what's inside or the name of it.

Ohhh, Im stupid. Thanks for telling me that.

wait wtf

Code: [Select]
openForAppend("config/client/Logging/" @ %server @ "/ChatLog " @ %date @ ".txt");
This makes the file and directory if it doesn't exist. Why would you need to make the folder yourself?

This makes the file and directory if it doesn't exist. Why would you need to make the folder yourself?
Ask Potatoh that. I've never had these issues before.

On steam OS X version, the game doesn't create new folders. Instead, any new folders it needs to create, it creates them in the compter root (/) and gives an osStream (failed to open file stream for etc etc) error. I've bugged badspot about this multiple times over a larger period of time. No response yet.

He's been saying he has Windows 10

I'm bringing up an brown townogical situation that is probably related to his problem. It might help us pinpoint exactly what prerequisites cause this issue since it went cross-platform.

I've never had this problem. I'm not sure if he's actually looking in the right place, or if the add-on is installed correctly.