Author Topic: [Beta] Client_CustomChat 2.0 [v0.2.0-1] [download moved]  (Read 6830 times)

The old one I made was bad and it really started to bother me
so i redid it

I still need this to be tested, so I'm releasing it now to get bugs/etc. out and to add any last-minute suggestions I couldn't think of.

v0.2.0-1
 - Added the ability to use custom strings. You can now reorganize chat any way you wish to.
 - Servers can now override strings (and settings) per-client %client.CCOverrideData or server-wide $Pref::Server::CustomChat::Override.
 - Added a chat message counter (%i%, only accessible in custom strings right now)

v0.1.1-1
 - Fixed Slayer's dead chat not being interpreted as a chat message
 - Fixed chat being duplicated in the console if the option to echo was on while hosting a server
 - Slayer color name override is now optional
 - Admin cache will now update when someone's rank is changed
 - Portions of the GUI have been separated to allow easier updating/etc.

v0.1.0-1
 - Added a swear word filter, applies to all messages regardless if it's regular chat or not
 - Added an alpha/opacity slider for shadow color
 - Allow Slayer to override name colors if team colors are enabled in a minigame
 - Tagged string IDs are now sent with chat messages as per default chat (%fmsg)
 - Added an auto-punctuation toggle
 - Fixed chat messages involving Slayer + names recolored to a player's team not being interpreted as a chat message

v0.0.1-7
 - Support_Updater support
 - Fixed bug with Slayer(?) chat modifications

v0.0.1-6
 - Fixed colors not being updated correctly in profiles
 - Fixed tagged strings not related to chat improperly rendering as a standard chat message (e.g. onActivate > Minigame > chatMsgAll > "test")

v0.0.1-5
 - Fixed font and color tags not being stripped in specific use cases
 - Fixed ranks not showing up for ranked users in minigames

v0.0.1-4
 - Fixed conflicts with other addons using RGBToHex

v0.0.1-3
 - Fixed Admin/Super Admin Rank fields accepting color tags
 - "Example Chat" is now hidden in the options menu
 - Timestamps are no longer forced to 12-hour mode
 - Message blip mode settings were corrected in the GUI
 - Filename changes for sounds now take effect upon saving settings
 - Font sizes can no longer go over 64
 - The window now initially starts on the Appearance tab
 - Colors are reset to ""\c0"" when timestamps are visible on all messages (\cr and \co do not work, had to resort to conerting fontColors[0] to hex)

v0.0.1-2
 - The GUI editor likes to give "Button" as the text for buttons when you set them as blank. Fixed.

Known Bugs
none so far

Plans
 - Host rank (v0.2.1-dev1)
 - BLID tags (v0.2.1-dev2)

String replacers: https://github.com/TheBlackParrot/blockland-chat-customizer-rewrite/wiki/Custom-String-Replacers
String examples: https://github.com/TheBlackParrot/blockland-chat-customizer-rewrite/wiki/Example-Strings
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:55:07 AM by TheBlackParrot »

Very cool! Downloading
EDIT: How do you open GUI?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:16:29 PM by Darth C3P0 »

Very cool! Downloading
EDIT: How do you open GUI?

It's in the options.

Please add a max font size :)

I can give you the code because it automatically resizes the chat, center print and bottom print to whatever if it goes over.

v0.0.1-3
 - Fixed Admin/Super Admin Rank fields accepting color tags
 - "Example Chat" is now hidden in the options menu
 - Timestamps are no longer forced to 12-hour mode
 - Message blip mode settings were corrected in the GUI
 - Filename changes for sounds now take effect upon saving settings
 - Font sizes can no longer go over 64
 - The window now initially starts on the Appearance tab
 - Colors are reset to ""\c0"" when timestamps are visible on all messages (\cr and \co do not work, had to resort to conerting fontColors[0] to hex)

When you go back in the menu the previous saved settings are just the default settings for the mod which is mainly black

When you go back in the menu the previous saved settings are just the default settings for the mod which is mainly black
?????
Can you elaborate? I don't understand what you mean.

Your changed settings you set will not save when going back to the menu, thus you have to set those non saved settings again

Your changed settings you set will not save when going back to the menu, thus you have to set those non saved settings again
Yeah, if you close the window, nothing saves. There's a save button in the upper right.

Thats not what I mean. I save and it set that, but when I change again it doesnt have old saves so that I can change one thing instead of resetting the whole thing
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:26:53 PM by Darth C3P0 »

i still don't understand, you're able to change individual things

Thats not what I mean. I save and it set that, but when I change again it doesnt have old saves so that I can change one thing instead of resetting the whole thing
OH (your edit clarified), you mean something like presets? That's planned further down the line, I just need to figure out what should be included with them.