ideas on how to gain more players

Author Topic: ideas on how to gain more players  (Read 13375 times)

Someone improved vehicle physics a while back using a modified DLL. It had a tenancy to crash people though. And he also never finished it so it died.
I used it and it was extremely laggy cause it increased the ammount of vehicle collision checks from like 4 to twice or quadruple that

I used it and it was extremely laggy cause it increased the ammount of vehicle collision checks from like 4 to twice or quadruple that

It would be a major tragedy if there was a feature in Blockland that wasn't optimized and most of the community couldn't run without a high-end computer.

*cough*

Most of the things that are 'impossible' aren't actually impossible, they'd just require Badspot to fix them. The impossible part is convincing Badspot to fix the problems.

Someone improved vehicle physics a while back using a modified DLL. It had a tenancy to crash people though. And he also never finished it so it died.
ik that guy is chrisbot he posted about it in gen disc about half a year ago to a year ago

you're thinking of port's attempt to fix it using more checks as an addon. chrisbot's was a dll that didn't lag people to death and was an actual attempt at fixing it, not trying to make the current system work better.